Score:
    Min FPS:
    Max FPS:

And the Catalyst 14.1 driver:
    FPS:
    Score:
    Min FPS:
    Max FPS:

Both with preset "Extreme HD" @1920x1080.

No micro stuttering at all and even the Desktop experience is a lot smoother.

Very good job AMD devs!
    Open Source drivers with Radeon HD 7950:

FPS:
    Score:
    Min FPS:
    Max FPS:

Comment

works for me

Originally posted by fritzls View Post
      No! The one is for A+A cards or a+I muxed. A+i muxless still not supported and if work in your notebook is a bug not a feature.
      If you try to load A+I cards using fglx he tell you that your card is not supported.

"... [ 41.942] (WW) PowerXpress feature is not supported on A+I Mux platform. Please uninstall fglrx driver.
      [ 41.942] (EE) No devices detected.
      ..."

It's a well know problem from years..

If you do want to make the switch possible between your Intel and your AMD graphics cards, then this post is for you. If you do not own a AMD hybrid graphic card, please leave this thread, and post your problems in a thread made for AMD single graphic or Intel single graphic. Edit: The solution seems not to work with ATI 5xxx graphic cards, try at your own risk. Warning: Works only for muxless systems. Warning 2: Check if your BIOS is updated, if not update it ! (You will need Windows).

the only ones that seems work.
      ACER 7750g, Intel HD 3000, AMD 6650m, HDMI Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested, VGA Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested
      DELL Inspiron 14R (N4110), Intel HD 3000, AMD 6470m, HDMI Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested, VGA Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested
      DELL Vostro 3550, Intel HD 3000, AMD 6630m, HDMI Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested, VGA Intel/AMD: working/working
      HP Envy 14t-2000 CTO, Intel HD 3000, AMD 6630m, HDMI Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested, Mini DisplayPort Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested
      HP ENVY 15-3090CA, Intel HD 3000, AMD 6630m, HDMI Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested, Mini DisplayPort Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested
      HP Pavilion dm4-2160sf, Intel HD 3000, AMD 6470m, HDMI Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested, VGA Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested
      HP Pavillion dm4-2110sp, Intel HD 3000, AMD 6470m, HDMI Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested, VGA Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested
      HP Pavilion dv6-6102sg, Intel HD 3000, AMD 6770m, HDMI Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested, VGA Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested
      HP Pavilion dv6-6169sl, Intel HD 3000, AMD 6770m, HDMI Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested, VGA Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested
      HP Pavilion dv6-6178sl, Intel HD 3000, AMD 6770m, HDMI Intel/AMD: working/working, VGA Intel/AMD: working/working
      HP Pavilion dv6-6192sf, Intel HD 3000, AMD 6770m, HDMI Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested, VGA Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested
      HP Pavilion dv7-6070ef, Intel HD 3000, AMD 6490m, HDMI Intel/AMD: not tested/working, VGA Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested
      HP Pavilion g4-1001tx, Intel HD 3000, AMD 6490m, HDMI Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested, VGA Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested
      HP Probook 4530s, Intel HD 3000, AMD 6490m, HDMI Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested, VGA Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested

Lenovo e520,Intel HD 3000, AMD 6630m, HDMI Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested, VGA Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested
      Lenovo G-770,Intel HD 3000, AMD 6650m, HDMI Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested, VGA Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested

SONY Vaio VPC-SB1S1E, Intel HD 3000, AMD 6470m, HDMI Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested, VGA Intel/AMD: working/working
      SONY Vaio VPC-SC1AFM/S, Intel HD 3000, AMD 6470m, HDMI Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested, VGA Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested
      intel hd 3000/6770m for long time ago

Comment

Not good for me

Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0

Radeon HD 5650 Mobility
        • Catalyst 13.12

FPS:
        Score:
        Min FPS:
        Max FPS:

• Catalyst 14.1 beta

FPS:
        Score:
        Min FPS:
        Max FPS:

Render:
        OpenGL
        Mode:
        1600x900 fullscreen
        Preset
        Custom
        Quality
        High
        Tessellation: Disabled

Unigine Valley Benchmark 1.0

• Catalyst 13.12

FPS:
        Score:
        Min FPS:
        Max FPS:
        • Catalyst 14.1 beta

FPS:
        Score:
        Min FPS:
        Max FPS:

Settings
        Render:
        OpenGL
        Mode:
        1600x900 fullscreen
        Preset
        Custom
        Quality
        High

For Radeon HD 5000 series is bad choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrecorreia View Post
          intel hd 3000/6770m for long time ago
          Yes and NO.
          If you are lucky to have a notebook and inside your bios the option to change the trigger of the default output card ( yes muxless one ) or your bios manufacture coded by default the ATI ones, not the intel ones being the primary card the catalyst will work.
          If not like almost all hp, Novo notebooks..
          No way, The last catalyst that work was 10.2
          Last edited by fritzls; 02 February 2014, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
            I hope so too. I really don't see a need for AMD Catalyst as I'm getting good performance (between 30 to 60 FPS) when I play Portal at 1920x1080 with high settings with 16x AF and no AA. Sometimes it drops down to 20s during The Great Escape. This is with my AMD A10-5700.

I wouldn't count on playing Portal 2, since my 5700 is not powerful enough, even if Portal won't be released until later this year (ah, I better hurry since my 5-minute timer is about to expire).
            You're getting that kind of performance with an APU? I'm impressed. A R9 290X should be able to stomp all over the game with the open source drivers.

Comment

Yes and NO.
              If you are lucky to have a notebook and inside your bios the option to change the trigger of the default output card ( yes muxless one ) or your bios manufacture coded by default the ATI ones, not the intel ones being the primary card the catalyst will work.
              You are mixing muxed and muxless setup.

Comment

you are wrong

Yes and NO.
                my laptop is a hp and it works, you simply don t know do it. using dynamic on windows and powerexpress on linux. bugs existing ofc but it works just fine in 13.10 and 14.04 without configurations, only need to doo is instaling fglrx-pxpress

and i think it will work on 12.04.4 i can trie tommorow, another distros i don t know
                Last edited by Andrecorreia; 02 February 2014, 05:58 PM.

Comment

my laptop is a hp and it works, you simply don t know do it. using dynamic on windows and powerexpress on linux. bugs existing ofc but it works just fine in 13.10 and 14.04 without configurations, only need to doo is instaling fglrx-pxpress

and i think it will work on 12.04.4 i can trie tommorow, another distros i don t know
                  some hp's work. most the low ends ones.
                  DV4, DV5, DV6, DV7.
                  Most of DV4 and DV5 that have the advanced option in bios ( search for the boot key trick).

Your notebook will just work with catalyst and muxless if the output video patch was 1- wired to ATI card and not intel by default. 2- your bios have the choice of change this output patch.
                  If not under linux just using offload.

Under linux if the catalyst driver didnt find the output patch and cant change by own way ( bad coded bios) then he give you this error.

29.390] (--) Chipset Supported AMD Graphics Processor (0x68A8) found
                  [ 29.390] (WW) fglrx: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0@1:0:1) found
                  [ 29.390] (II) fglrx: intel VGA device detected, load intel driver.
                  [ 29.390] (II) LoadModule: "intel"
                  [ 29.391] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/intel_drv.so
                  [ 29.391] (II) Module intel: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
                  [ 29.391] compiled for 1.14.5, module version = 2.99.909
                  [ 29.391] Module class: X.Org Video Driver
                  [ 29.391] ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 14.1
                  [ 29.391] (WW) PowerXpress feature is not supported on A+I Mux platform. Please uninstall fglrx driver.
                  [ 29.391] (EE) this is a Muxless PX A+I platform, we doesn't supported it
                  [ 29.391] (EE) No devices detected.

the package fglrx-pxpress is just to change some links to point to the correct libs and change xorg driver.
                  Under arch linux the similar package works for ages.

BUT not solves the fact that catalyst doesn?t give official support for muxles cards under linux ( and under windows seems very bad to).

Comment

again wrong

some hp's work. most the low ends ones.
                    DV4, DV5, DV6, DV7.
                    Most of DV4 and DV5 that have the advanced option in bios ( search for the boot key trick).

Your notebook will just work with catalyst and muxless if the output video patch was 1- wired to ATI card and not intel by default. 2- your bios have the choice of change this output patch.
                    If not under linux just using offload.

Under linux if the catalyst driver didnt find the output patch and cant change by own way ( bad coded bios) then he give you this error.

29.390] (--) Chipset Supported AMD Graphics Processor (0x68A8) found
                    [ 29.390] (WW) fglrx: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0@1:0:1) found
                    [ 29.390] (II) fglrx: intel VGA device detected, load intel driver.
                    [ 29.390] (II) LoadModule: "intel"
                    [ 29.391] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/intel_drv.so
                    [ 29.391] (II) Module intel: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
                    [ 29.391] compiled for 1.14.5, module version = 2.99.909
                    [ 29.391] Module class: X.Org Video Driver
                    [ 29.391] ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 14.1
                    [ 29.391] (WW) PowerXpress feature is not supported on A+I Mux platform. Please uninstall fglrx driver.
                    [ 29.391] (EE) this is a Muxless PX A+I platform, we doesn't supported it
                    [ 29.391] (EE) No devices detected.

the package fglrx-pxpress is just to change some links to point to the correct libs and change xorg driver.
                    Under arch linux the similar package works for ages.

BUT not solves the fact that catalyst doesn?t give official support for muxles cards under linux ( and under windows seems very bad to).
                    my laptop is not a lowend, a i7 cpu.
                    and no ports wired to ati card only to intel.
                    i dont know if this works in arch.

Comment

my laptop is not a lowend, a i7 cpu.
                      and no ports wired to ati card only to intel.
                      i dont know if this works in arch.
                      No ports wired to ati card, just intel?
                      Give me your xorg log and I show you or your output path is set to ati or your bios is set to software control

Low end = dv series
                      mid range envy series
                      business = pro-book series.
                      hight end = no hp doest have this.

Comment

Working...
                      X