Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Releases Catalyst 14.1 Beta Linux Graphics Driver

Phoronix: AMD Releases Catalyst 14.1 Beta Linux Graphics Driver

The first major Linux Catalyst 2014 release is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thank you, Michael. I still hope AMD puts its Linux efforts solely behind the open source driver eventually, especially for all those people out there with cards that Catalyst no longer supports.

Comment

I always thought that the minor version is for the month of the year this proves that it's for the release number within the year.

Comment

It's actually Year.Month.
        I'm surprised by the Xorg 1.15 support. That was very quick compared to past experience.

Comment

Well, that sounds good.
          Now waiting until it hits Arch.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
            Well, that sounds good.
            if i remember correctly its(fglrx) it has been removed from arch official repos long time ago, since the slow xserver support.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
              Well, that sounds good.
              There's an unofficial Catalyst repo maintained by VI0l0 , links on the Arch Wiki entry for Catalyst.

14.1 isn't up there yet, but you can easily modify one of the AUR PKGBUILDs for Catalyst to use this new version if you're not interested in waiting for the PKGBUILD to be updated by the maintainer.

Comment

Any change in horrible Source-engine performance (on Trinity/Richland)? Dota 2? L4D2?

I think I'll stick with the open source drivers until I need to play another OpenGL 4 game.

Comment

Driver runs excellent here. HD 6870, Kubuntu 13.10, Linux 3.13.

Great job, AMD!

Comment

I also didn't notice any problems on Ubuntu 14.04 x64 + AMD A10-7850K (2400MHz RAM).

Comment

Working...
                    X