AMD Catalyst 14.1 (v1.3) BETA Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Catalyst 14.1 (v1.3) BETA Driver

You'll need a referral spoof to download it directly. No notes yet afaik.

Notes: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...ta-driver.aspx

Highlights of the AMD Catalyst? 14.1 Beta Driver for Linux:

This release of AMD Catalyst? Linux introduces support for the following new:

Products:
    AMD A10-7850K
    AMD A10-7700K

Features:
    RHEL 6.5 production support
    openSUSE 13.1 production support
    Ubuntu 13.10 production support
    Xserver 1.15 support
    Kernel 3.13 support

Resolved Issues:
    [386897] : System hang on resume from S4 with OpenGL screen saver running
    [387678] : Backtrace occurs when kill X
    [387664] : Failed to start X without kernel module loaded
    [378620] : OpenCL test failure in CrossFire Mode
    [386945] : piglit test "spec/ARB_copy_buffer/overlap" failed
    [386710] : piglit test "spec/ARB_draw_buffers_blend" failed
    [386818] : piglit test "spec/OpenGL 2.0/depth-tex-modes-glsl" failed
    [386941] : piglit test "spec/ARB_blend_func_extended" failed
    [386903] : piglit test "spec/OpenGL 3.0/gl-3.0-required-sized-texture-formats" failed
    [386840] : Viewport goes blank when mouse cursor leaves when run Houdini on Ubuntu
    [387596] : piglit test "spec/ARB_framebuffer_object (fbo-scissor-blit)" failed
    [389174] : Failed to get fan speed on Bonaire card
    [388110] : Intermittent flashing problem when running at 2560x1600
    [372656] : Crash when resizing Konsole
    [388325] : Brightness cannot be adjusted on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
    [388330] : piglit test "spec/ARB_framebuffer_object (fbo-blit-stretch)" failed
    [385457] : Blue/white screen after using Google-chrome to run fishietank
    [388500] : piglit test "spec/EXT_texture_integer" failed
    [388802] : piglit test "spec/ARB_map_buffer_alignment" failed
    [386396] : piglit test "spec/ARB_depth_buffer_float/fbo-depthstencil-drawpixels" failed
    [389431] : Screens are distorted when connecting an external monitor on some Haswell platforms
    [389530] : Blank screen/crash observed while running unigine heaven benchmark in windowed mode
    [387124] : OpenCL performance drop observed on Hawaii compared to Tahiti XT
    [386940] : piglit test "spec/EXT_texture_sRGB" failed
    [392137] : [SteamOS] Failed to return to desktop from steam.
    [392015] : [SteamOS] Screen is locked when changing user.
    [392014] : [SteamOS] Failed to login Steam sometimes
    [391231] : Blank screen observed while running steam games with Big picture

Open Issues:
    [390964] : Stuttering and poor performance after playing an OpenGL game for a several minutes on Ubuntu
    [393377] : Terminal panel stops refreshing until there is movement from mouse cursor
    [392546] : System hang observed while hotpluging the stereo display
    [388835] : Corruption and system hang observed while running Sanctuary BM with TFD enable
    [392552] : Enabling Overlay: StartX , the screen shows corruption

Comment

How's Dota2 performance on Trinity? I won't touch these until they sort out Source performance.

Comment

Is this the 13.35 with promised coin mining improvements, or some other version?

Comment

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
          How's Dota2 performance on Trinity? I won't touch these until they sort out Source performance.
          Probably they won't ever solve it out... so go and install windows...
          I actually bought 8.1 Pro... Just because of the recent bad linux support... 6 years ago everything was working far better than now... They're ruining everything day by day... : )

Comment

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
            How's Dota2 performance on Trinity?....
            I have found that I need to enable compositing, preferably Compiz and not KDE compositing, to get a good frame rate on Trinity. Or, better yet, use wine. I would try running Dota2 with compositing on and off because I am finding night and day performance differences from Trinity to Kaveri regarding whether compositing is enabled in some form.

Currently to get smooth frame rates in Dota2 with Kaveri I have Compiz and Dota started directly without a window manager from an ".xinitrc" file:

Code:
            compiz &
            #wine steam.exe -silent -applaunch 570
            #/usr/bin/steam -bigpicture -applaunch 570
            /usr/bin/steam -silent -applaunch 570

Comment

severe problems with 14.04 xubuntu alpha 1 and 2

i tried 13.12 final driver with trusty alpha 1 and now 14.1 beta with trusty alpha 2.
              everytime i get a backtrace in the xserver from the fglrx driver
              when i get back to my puter i will post the xorg log here.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
                I have found that I need to enable compositing, preferably Compiz and not KDE compositing, to get a good frame rate on Trinity. Or, better yet, use wine. I would try running Dota2 with compositing on and off because I am finding night and day performance differences from Trinity to Kaveri regarding whether compositing is enabled in some form.

Currently to get smooth frame rates in Dota2 with Kaveri I have Compiz and Dota started directly without a window manager from an ".xinitrc" file:

Code:
                compiz &
                #wine steam.exe -silent -applaunch 570
                #/usr/bin/steam -bigpicture -applaunch 570
                /usr/bin/steam -silent -applaunch 570
                Enabling/disabling compositing made no difference for me in KDE, and I'm not installing and enabling compiz to get good performance, which is silly. I'll probably just stick with the open source drivers for who knows how much longer (until Catalyst shapes up).

Comment

Hi all, new to the forums. Just thought I'd share my experience with the catalyst drivers.
                  A little over a week ago I build a PC, I wanted a reasonably priced gaming machine but with good quality parts. So I went with the AMD FX-8320 cpu and a Sapphire ATI Radeon R9 270X graphics card.
                  I started off by trying an Ubuntu 3.10 distro, but I didn't have much luck with that. I managed to get Steam running but couldn't get CS:Source to start up, issues with glGetError. Having spent several years developing on the RedHat/CentOS distros, I decided to try a more familiar distro in Fedora 20. Again, Steam installed with no problems, actually I added the RPMFusion repos and just did a 'yum install steam', so didn't have to wget via steam website. Managed to get CS:Source running but it was very laggy even though it reported 30fps it was unplayable, at this point I hadn't installed the ATI proprietary drivers.
                  Apparently, the ATI drivers conflict with Gnome 3.xx due to the addition of some Wayland support (can't remember the exact reason, but something to do with the Wayland display server). Knowing this I decided to remove the gnome-desktop and installed xfce and lxde. Following that I installed the ATI proprietary drivers 13.11 beta at the time. After which source was working perfectly for me, cs:source was hitting 299 fps max and didn't drop below 120 fps in game. Similar performance playing Team Fortress 2. Bizarrely the older cs1.6 would not go past 60 fps, but was playable. Metro Last Light was still a bit iffy dropping below 20 fps, so I'm going to wait in the hope something will change.
                  Earlier today after running an update I noticed fedora had released a kernel update, knowing I'd need to reinstall the ATI drivers for the kernel. I went to the AMD website and noticed the 14.1 beta, which I installed. There was a significant improvement running MetroLL it was no longer dropping below 20fps. Source games are working fine for me. I probably should try the open source radeon drivers, but so far I'm happy that the source games work. Hoping things will get better, I'm hearing the 3.13 kernel brings a boost for the AMD gfx cards.

Comment

Working...
                  X