No announcement yet.

Intel GLAMOR Gains X-Video Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finally. Nautilus become a piece of nothing.
    something similar from dolphin can be great.

Comment

Originally posted by fritzls View Post
      finally. Nautilus become a piece of nothing.
      something similar from dolphin can be great.
      Wrong thread?

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
        I'm not even sure if it'll end up being dramatically less optimal. A lot of current Glamor performance issues seem to be due to bugs or missing features. It will likely be reasonably fast when it's matured.
        I haven't said it's dramatically less optimal, just less optimal. It's very likely that it will be reasonably fast when it's matured, but my point is that I don't see the point on using GLAMOR in the Intel DDX having SNA available.

Comment

Originally posted by mrugiero View Post
          Thanks for the clarification. I was under the misunderstanding (guided by someone's post in another thread, in the one about Cairo's possible inclusion in the C++ standard, like a month ago) that Cairo only did software rendering.
          Nope... it's got a number of rendering backends, including X, various image formats, postscript and PDF... and OpenGL.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
            Wrong thread?
            Yeap. post from phone..
            sorry

Comment

I haven't said it's dramatically less optimal, just less optimal. It's very likely that it will be reasonably fast when it's matured, but my point is that I don't see the point on using GLAMOR in the Intel DDX having SNA available.
              Xorg as a wayland client needs GLAMOR to work. That's the point.

Comment

Originally posted by zxy_thf View Post
                Xorg as a wayland client needs GLAMOR to work. That's the point.
                Can't it use SNA? The only reason I can think of to not be able to use SNA is to not be able to use real DDX drivers, and in that case it is not really important to have GLAMOR support in the Intel DDX. Could you explain further, please?

Comment

Can't it use SNA? The only reason I can think of to not be able to use SNA is to not be able to use real DDX drivers, and in that case it is not really important to have GLAMOR support in the Intel DDX. Could you explain further, please?
                  Hmm you're right. I believe it's possible to use SNA as a wayland client technically.
                  I'm guessing Intel favors GLAMOR over SNA because this architecture (Wayland-Xorg-GLAMOR-OpenGL) has less duplicated code (compared with Wayland-Xorg-DDX-OpenGL).

As a circumstantial evidence AMD also uses GLAMOR instead of ddx from scratch on radeonsi.

Comment

Working...
                  X