Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arch linux (64bit) - unable to install or benchmark (no output)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm I wonder if it's an ArchLinux PHP configuration problem.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Just to say:-

Same thing is still happening with 0.5.1 (and arch)

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Hmmm I wonder if it's an ArchLinux PHP configuration problem.

Comment

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function posix_getpwuid() in /var/local/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/functions/pts-functions_system.php on line 74

I just tried the git version and get the above error when I try and run ./phoronix-test-suite diagnostics on archlinux x86_64 using the php.ini file that comes with the source (php.ini-recommended) and not the default arch one. With the default arch one I get nothing at all.

edit: php version = 5.2.6-1
        Last edited by Aradreth; 10 May 2008, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
          PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function posix_getpwuid() in /var/local/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/functions/pts-functions_system.php on line 74

I just tried the git version and get the above error when I try and run ./phoronix-test-suite diagnostics on archlinux x86_64 using the php.ini file that comes with the source (php.ini-recommended) and not the default arch one. With the default arch one I get nothing at all.

edit: php version = 5.2.6-1
          The posix issue should be fixed in git.
          Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            The posix issue should be fixed in git.
            Tested it quickly and is appears to be working now, cheers.

Comment

Hi.

After 'messing' with the php.ini file the installer now actually download files in arch - it does error however - can someone post a working php.ini file - perhaps we can find what options need to be enabled....

Tested it quickly and is appears to be working now, cheers.

Comment

Alright I only just was able to try the benchmark properly (internet is a bit slow so the download took a while); anyway everything appeared to download fine but the actual benchmarks do not run and I just get errors an example of which is below:-

====================================
                Universe Test Suite

Running Universe Test Suite...

PHP Notice: Undefined variable: RESULTS_IDENTIFIER in /var/local/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/pts-run-benchmark.php on line 222

LAME MP3 Encoding (Run 1 of 3)

./lame: line 3: /usr/bin/time: No such file or directory

LAME MP3 Encoding (Run 2 of 3)

LAME MP3 Encoding (Run 3 of 3)

PHP Warning: Division by zero in /var/local/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/functions/pts-functions-run.php on line 386
                The time function works perfectly when I try it myself and "whereis time" gives:-
                time: /usr/include/time.h /usr/man/mann/time.n.gz /usr/share/man/man3p/time.3p.gz /usr/share/man/man1p/time.1p.gz /usr/share/man/man7/time.7.gz /usr/share/man/man2/time.2.gz /usr/share/man/man1/time.1.gz

but not the path to the binary it is not in /usr/bin/ /bin/ or anywhere else I could think of looking in, nor could I find it with rlocate.
                That's all I had time to look into whilst I avoided working.

ninja edit:
                PHP Notice: Undefined variable: RESULTS_IDENTIFIER in /home/nuno/download/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/pts-run-benchmark.php on line 199
                is the only error I could from the nexuiz benchmark; it worked fine otherwise.

Originally posted by yossarianuk View Post
                Hi.

After 'messing' with the php.ini file the installer now actually download files in arch - it does error however - can someone post a working php.ini file - perhaps we can find what options need to be enabled....
                Last edited by Aradreth; 11 May 2008, 06:34 PM.

Comment

ninja edit:
                  PHP Notice: Undefined variable: RESULTS_IDENTIFIER in /home/nuno/download/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/pts-run-benchmark.php on line 199
                  is the only error I could from the nexuiz benchmark; it worked fine otherwise.

That is fixed in git. It's not an error but just a notice, but it's cleared up anyways in the latest code.
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

Er right had a proper look at the why time wasn't working... I might have forgotten to install extra/time...
                    Working properly (default arch php.ini file) as far as I can tell.

Comment

hi,

now here is the new output, when I press on enter a lot of time...
                      ==> http://pastebin.com/f605b3ae3

that's weird... I already installef all of theses package and I have more than 10gig on my root slice.....

Comment

Working...
                      X