Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homerun 1.2.0 For KDE Brings Homerun Kicker

Phoronix: Homerun 1.2.0 For KDE Brings Homerun Kicker

Homerun 1.2.0 is available this week as a collection of launcher interfaces for KDE's Plasma Workspaces...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I really like the desktop launcher interface of Homerun. Not as big a fan of Kicker, though.

Comment

*facepalm* yet another kickoff/launcelot launcher type, why? I thought the main stuff was Homerun and its a disgrace infront of SimpleWellcome + TimeFrame or Unity stuff. I've waited to see a good alternative that would work in any OS and not just ROSA/Ubuntu but it seems author worked on something way less important and has plans for improving interesting things. Its too slow on modern hardware, behaviour is strange when you can't even rearrange the list, lack of good theme(because trying to use system one doesn't work good with all of them)

Comment

I like the homerun launcher a lot, too The best new feature of 1.2 in my opinion is the recently launched applications source, which I missed since using Unity.

Comment

Originally posted by sunweb View Post
          *facepalm* yet another kickoff/launcelot launcher type, why? I thought the main stuff was Homerun and its a disgrace infront of SimpleWellcome + TimeFrame or Unity stuff. I've waited to see a good alternative that would work in any OS and not just ROSA/Ubuntu but it seems author worked on something way less important and has plans for improving interesting things. Its too slow on modern hardware, behaviour is strange when you can't even rearrange the list, lack of good theme(because trying to use system one doesn't work good with all of them)
          It really is very slow. Just typing there is a delay before it appears in the filter/search box. That is unusable.

Comment

Finally good and simple kicker. This replaced mine Kickoff application launcher. Favorite icons should still have tooltips. Tablet version of the homerun seems to be quite slow.

Comment

Working...
            X