Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kivada View Post
    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    By "those" I meant "highest end Radeon HD non-X2 cards with two GPUs". The first one was HD 5970.
    Wrong again, The HD series dual GPU card was the HD3870X2 also known as the R680
    Technically he is correct now. The 3870 had "X2" so does not count.
    These are the ATI/AMD dual-GPU designs (excluding partner designs like the 6870 X2):

Rage Fury Maxx
    Radeon HD3870 X2
    Radeon HD4870 X2
    Radeon HD5970
    Radeon HD6990
    Radeon HD7990

"highest end Radeon HD non-X2 cards with two GPUs" can only refer to 5970, 6990 or 7990.

Originally posted by libv View Post
    The only non-RV 600 was the R600 itself (HD2900). Upon its big announcement, it had all bells and whistles. The very next day a storm went over the internet as the video decoding part was completely retracted, and the R600 was not claimed to have UVD at all.
    I think there is also one RS780 variant without UVD (called 780V). But those are just parts where the UVD exists but is disabled (and could be enabled again with some tinkering).

Comment

Is it true that the Loongson machines use UVD chips? I am not familiar with these ones besides knowing they are not x86, chinese made and Stallman uses one
      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
        Is it true that the Loongson machines use UVD chips? I am not familiar with these ones besides knowing they are not x86, chinese made and Stallman uses one
        Yes the Loongson boxes use UVD as well, had quite of an discussion with them to get that working.

Comment

The Loongson uses RS880/780. Do you mean that the code has been released to them already?

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
            The Loongson uses RS880/780. Do you mean that the code has been released to them already?
            No, they just asked for support on getting UVD to work on the list. I can only assume that they are using a dedicated card for testing.

Comment

Working...
            X