Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Phoronix Now Accepts Bitcoins, Also On Steam Community

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,411

    Default Phoronix Now Accepts Bitcoins, Also On Steam Community

    Phoronix: Phoronix Now Accepts Bitcoins, Also On Steam Community

    There's new ways to help out on Phoronix. Read more!..

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU4NTE

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,091

    Default

    Excellent! Gotta love the Steam community :-)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Thanks Micheal. This site consistently gives out information all week long. And when there is to much information to handle, one can always count on the trolls on this site to provide comic relief!

    Also, why don't you include more guest articles? I really enjoyed the one about Wayland myths and facts. Plus, that one article generated almost 300 comments. I'm sure the fact that at least three knowledgeable people were answering questions in the thread helped a lot. Still, that must have been a lot of ad views.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CTown View Post
    Also, why don't you include more guest articles? I really enjoyed the one about Wayland myths and facts. Plus, that one article generated almost 300 comments. I'm sure the fact that at least three knowledgeable people were answering questions in the thread helped a lot. Still, that must have been a lot of ad views.
    It's all a matter of who emails in guest articles... I don't go out asking for articles to be written hence they're likely needing compensation but whoever emails me and offers to write an article.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Is d2kx Michael's personal account? If so, I see that VAC ban from 34 days ago ಠ_ಠ

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
    Is d2kx Michael's personal account? If so, I see that VAC ban from 34 days ago ಠ_ಠ
    Personal account? I'm not even a gamer. d2kx is just a longtime Phoronix reader, had been asking me to create a Phoronix Steam Community,. and I made him a moderator.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    1,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CTown View Post
    Also, why don't you include more guest articles? I really enjoyed the one about Wayland myths and facts. Plus, that one article generated almost 300 comments. I'm sure the fact that at least three knowledgeable people were answering questions in the thread helped a lot. Still, that must have been a lot of ad views.

    Glad you enjoyed The Wayland Situation, CTown I've thought about offering to write an article once a week or so (Probably Fedora, KDE, or Systemd focused when possible) but that plan got shot down recently when classes dumped a crapload of work on my head

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Koszalin, Poland
    Posts
    93

    Default

    How about a Flattr integration on Phoronix?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
    Is d2kx Michael's personal account? If so, I see that VAC ban from 34 days ago ಠ_ಠ
    Re: VAC in one game, that's a long story :-) You can ask me directly if interested. I asked Michael to set up the Steam community and will help running it, as he is a busy man :-)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d2kx View Post
    Re: VAC in one game, that's a long story :-) You can ask me directly if interested. I asked Michael to set up the Steam community and will help running it, as he is a busy man :-)
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/d2kxsteam

    No man, since you are a moderator, you should explain yourself in public. Fuck cheaters.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •