Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phoronix Now Accepts Bitcoins, Also On Steam Community

Default Phoronix Now Accepts Bitcoins, Also On Steam Community

Phoronix: Phoronix Now Accepts Bitcoins, Also On Steam Community

There's new ways to help out on Phoronix. Read more!..

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU4NTE

Excellent! Gotta love the Steam community :-)

Thanks Micheal. This site consistently gives out information all week long. And when there is to much information to handle, one can always count on the trolls on this site to provide comic relief!

Also, why don't you include more guest articles? I really enjoyed the one about Wayland myths and facts. Plus, that one article generated almost 300 comments. I'm sure the fact that at least three knowledgeable people were answering questions in the thread helped a lot. Still, that must have been a lot of ad views.

Quote Originally Posted by CTown View Post
    Also, why don't you include more guest articles? I really enjoyed the one about Wayland myths and facts. Plus, that one article generated almost 300 comments. I'm sure the fact that at least three knowledgeable people were answering questions in the thread helped a lot. Still, that must have been a lot of ad views.
    It's all a matter of who emails in guest articles... I don't go out asking for articles to be written hence they're likely needing compensation but whoever emails me and offers to write an article.

Is d2kx Michael's personal account? If so, I see that VAC ban from 34 days ago ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
    Is d2kx Michael's personal account? If so, I see that VAC ban from 34 days ago ಠ_ಠ
    Personal account? I'm not even a gamer. d2kx is just a longtime Phoronix reader, had been asking me to create a Phoronix Steam Community,. and I made him a moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by CTown View Post

Glad you enjoyed The Wayland Situation, CTown I've thought about offering to write an article once a week or so (Probably Fedora, KDE, or Systemd focused when possible) but that plan got shot down recently when classes dumped a crapload of work on my head

How about a Flattr integration on Phoronix?

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
    Re: VAC in one game, that's a long story :-) You can ask me directly if interested. I asked Michael to set up the Steam community and will help running it, as he is a busy man :-)

Quote Originally Posted by d2kx View Post
    Re: VAC in one game, that's a long story :-) You can ask me directly if interested. I asked Michael to set up the Steam community and will help running it, as he is a busy man :-)
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/d2kxsteam

No man, since you are a moderator, you should explain yourself in public. Fuck cheaters.