Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOSDEM 2014 Is Next Weekend

Phoronix: FOSDEM 2014 Is Next Weekend

FOSDEM 2014 is this coming weekend in Brussels. FOSDEM is one of my favorite open-source / Linux events in the world -- as is also a favorite by many others -- with a plethora of interesting content ranging from end-user talks to low-level technical discussions...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I will be there Who else?

Comment

Originally posted by Deathsimple View Post
      I will be there Who else?
      It will only be you. All alone.

Comment

For the love of the world, people! Whitelist Phoronix in your adblocker or stop coming here. Either you appreciate Michael's work, or you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
          It will only be you. All alone.
          All alone amidst ~8k other geeks.

Comment

Originally posted by libv View Post
            All alone amidst ~8k other geeks.
            Yes. It will be terrible

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
              For the love of the world, people! Whitelist Phoronix in your adblocker or stop coming here. Either you appreciate Michael's work, or you don't.
              Either you appreciate ad companies tracking you, or you don't.

Comment

I have disabled AdBlock last week, even though I'm doing all I can to protect myself when it comes to ad networks who got compromised and had their malware distributed. I know there's no malware in Ubuntu, but sometimes it's better to be safe than sorry and not put even my Ubuntu machine in harm's way. The trouble is, I don't trust advertising networks in keeping their servers clean of infections.

By the way, what about FlashControl and NotScript? I've enabled as many ad networks (domains) as I can to help Phoronix. I will pay $35/year for subscription, but I'm getting too low on money for now... (sigh) I'm still trying to get a job first and do away with my social security income.

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post
                  Either you appreciate ad companies tracking you, or you don't.
                  You can block the trackers while letting the ads through. That's what I do.

Comment

You can block the trackers while letting the ads through. That's what I do.
                    How? ABP just has a flat out enable/disable in Chrome. It doesn't seem to let you disable just the adblock list and keep the tracking list.

Comment

Working...
                    X