Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Intel Continues Optimizing Counter-Strike: GO For Linux

Default Intel Continues Optimizing Counter-Strike: GO For Linux

Phoronix: Intel Continues Optimizing Counter-Strike: GO For Linux

Another patch hit mainline Mesa this past week that further improves the Linux performance of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive even though Valve has yet to publicly release the title for Linux gamers...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU4NDU

A lot of people have wondered why Valve hasn't yet released CS:GO and Portal 2. I'm guessing there is a good chance they're waiting for the drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by benmoran View Post
    A lot of people have wondered why Valve hasn't yet released CS:GO and Portal 2. I'm guessing there is a good chance they're waiting for the drivers.
    I have been waiting. So waiting for CS:GO. I am elated that it's on it way, it can't be soon enough.

Finally! CS:GO is my most wanted. We play it everday in a team, and I can't wait for the Linux port!

Yeah, I bought CS:GO quite a while ago now (and my wife bought me a copy of portal 2). I've got windows/mac systems that I can play them on, but most of the time that I'm at home on a computer is sitting in front of a Linux box... and I can't play them there.

I've actually been delaying finishing portal 2 until I can do it on Linux... but that may be a while.

I've played Portal 2 through wine with barely any issues at all (runs much better using Mesa/r600g than Catalyst). CS:GO wouldn't even start so that's the one I most want to see ported, although I get excited when I see either mentioned in the same sentence as 'Linux'. I'm sure this is going to be an interesting year in many ways.

Wolfenstein Enemy Territory > that thing
    did you know? it's also free as in freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Annabel View Post
    Wolfenstein Enemy Territory > that thing
    did you know? it's also free as in freedom
    Did you know that I don't care? and 99% of gamers don't either.

I knew it wasn't free as in freedom when I bought a license for it, and I'm ok with that.

I really don't understand why they don't release CS:GO now. I mean, chances are it would at least work on the Nvidia driver, and it would probably make the development process faster to have more users testing it. Also, I'm impatient...

Quote Originally Posted by LinuxID10T View Post
    I really don't understand why they don't release CS:GO now. I mean, chances are it would at least work on the Nvidia driver, and it would probably make the development process faster to have more users testing it. Also, I'm impatient...
    They probably want to release a product that is well optimized and makes them proud to release to the public. As far as being impatient, me too buddy.