Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlightenment E19 Keeps Getting Improved

Phoronix: Enlightenment E19 Keeps Getting Improved

The latest work on Enlightenment E19 includes a PackageKit module and many bug-fixes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post

The latest work on Enlightenment E19 includes a PackageKit module and many bug-fixes...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU4NDQ
    I think i remember the release manager saying that he will put it into feature freeze around february so we might get it before 2099.

In other interesting E news they wrote a native video player.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU4NDQ

What they need is a good graphic artist that could make them a nice default modern flat design theme. Because right now, E looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 2005...

Comment

Originally posted by doom_Oo7 View Post
        What they need is a good graphic artist that could make them a nice default modern flat design theme. Because right now, E looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 2005...
        perhaps we don't want that? perhaps we aren't trendites that just follow the latest fashion just because everyone else does.

Comment

They could take one that is already made and adapt it?

Comment

I wish Toma was still around, his themes were amazing. Barring that, a working clearlooks port would be really useful...

Also, @raster, why was the option to combine parts of different themes removed?

Comment

Nonsense. Enlightenment is the best looking desktop out there. Certainly better than Oxygen and Adwaita and imo also better than Mac OS and Windows. It's the Gtk and Qt applications that often look ugly because they don't fit in. Fortunately some of my favorite applications happen to have a similar color scheme.(Blender, Sublime Text and to a lesser extent Qt Creator with its grey toolbars)

Originally posted by PeterKraus View Post
              Noooo, that option was awesome! For example I liked having the animated golden start button of the bling theme. It looked especially cool on dark panels. And if E becomes more popular there could be a lot of new great themes and endless possibilities to combine them.

Comment

Originally posted by raster View Post
                perhaps we don't want that? perhaps we aren't trendites that just follow the latest fashion just because everyone else does.
                No offense meant here raster, I love your work and have followed E since the beginning. That said, E started because you guys were "trendies". Maybe you aren't anymore but the entire E concept was trendy and meant to be a fashion statement. You don't get to rip on that now over a decade later.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterKraus View Post
                  I wish Toma was still around, his themes were amazing. Barring that, a working clearlooks port would be really useful...

it wasn't removed - it just works differently now. now you can technically set your elementary theme to a list of themes from highest priority to lowest, and of course finding elements is drop-through from highest to lowest. as long as the highest doesnt have the element you want - it drops down to the next and so on. so you just have to have themes that only have the elements you which to override and place them higher in the priority list. problem is the gui doesn't let you twiddle that list.

Comment

Originally posted by litfan View Post
                    No offense meant here raster, I love your work and have followed E since the beginning. That said, E started because you guys were "trendies". Maybe you aren't anymore but the entire E concept was trendy and meant to be a fashion statement. You don't get to rip on that now over a decade later.
                    e wasn't trendy back then. it did what everyone else was NOT doing. no one did themes. the best you had was the thickness of your fixed bevels (1, or 2 pixels) and the bg/fg color. when i started that was about all you could do. it was e that did what everyone else said was stupid and what "no one wants". e was not following any trend. it was setting it. everyone else followed later.

so i get to rip on trendites, because if e was being trendy at the time it'd be grey with bevels and just fg/bg color.

Comment

Working...
                    X