Voting Proposed For Debian Jessie's Init System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nll_a
    Yeah, unless we're talking about Wayland, apparently.
    Not apparently, but for a good reason: the graphic card's manufacturer.
    There are no problems for the open drivers except the work to do, but if the user want/need to have the best from his hardware, then the manufacturer's drivers must be avaiable for that display server.
    In the case of the display server, the work to do is not on the hand of free/open developers only, so you cannot fill the gap only thanks to the volunteers' work.
    So yeah, to me If we are talking about display server the things are different.

P.s.
    Different scenario happens if both the new display servers can be sodisfied through the same interface (i.e. EGL).

Comment

• Well, the Debian mailing list now reminds me of scenes from Phoenix Wright... Objections aplenty. And someone wrote a summary of things that were less than stellar during the whole process: https://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte.../msg00476.html

Comment

• Originally posted by nll_a
        Yeah, unless we're talking about Wayland, apparently.
        No, it's exactly the same when talking about Wayland. The thing is, that list of options never says you won't get judged or disagreed upon. Free software is, after all, derivative of free speech.

Comment

Working...
        X