Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The First CryEngine Game Planned For Linux

Phoronix: The First CryEngine Game Planned For Linux

Many Phoronix readers have been writing in recently about Kingdom Come: Deliverance, a successfully-funded Kickstarter game powered by CryEngine that promises a Linux port...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Pledged for Baron. They had my pledge after Linux and CryEngine3. The game sounds cool too, but would have pledge for My Little Pony RPG if they promised Linux Client and CryEngine3.

Comment

Originally posted by BreezeDM View Post
      Pledged for Baron. They had my pledge after Linux and CryEngine3.
      Same here.

Comment

This game looks a lot like Mount and Blade, which I wish they'd do a Linux port of. But this has of course far better graphics, seeing how it uses CryEngine 3 and M&B has been out for quite a few years.

I'm curious about a lot of the Kickstarter funded games coming out lately. I understand the premise of using Kickstarter, but I would think with digital stores like Steam, that the need of a publisher is a thing of the past anyhow. Sure Steam takes a cut of the sales, but they really wouldn't need kickstarter to fund this. Unless they use it just to gauge interest.

Comment

Wow. Just, wow.

Comment

It would be nice to get some other CyEngine games before this seeing as Q4 2015 is almost 2 years from now. The game looks and sounds awesome, though.

Comment

as someone who has sharpen many knives, the scene around 1min makes me screech

Comment

This game looks completely awesome! Here's to hoping CryEngine doesn't have horrible Catalyst issues (although I'm expecting it will), cause I can't wait to this play on Linux!

Comment

We will not see Cryengine game on Linux until Cryengine is ported on Linux.

When that will append, if it will, a couple of other games should be available in Linux too like Star Citizen.

That Cryengine thing remind me of UT3... It will be ported on Linux! Yes.. it will.......

Comment

Originally posted by gens View Post
                    as someone who has sharpen many knives, the scene around 1min makes me screech
                    I feel your pain, great way to ruin a sword !....but besides that detail, everything seemed good in that video....hope they redone that scene.

Comment

Working...
                    X