GPU for Game Developer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squirrl View Post

You want to know why OpenGL fails on Radeon? Because you're missing 20% of the specification. I can code shit in Mesa with the software rendering which works perfect and then try to run it on a Radeon and see it fail miserably.

Would love to see that code.

Comment

Originally posted by knuke View Post
      Yeah it's the best thing I can do. I plan on using the computer for many years. And after a few I will have to upgrade the GPU. So the 780 would sure last longer without upgrade.
      Do not future-proof! It's a waste of money and power (+ noise/heat).

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post
        Do not future-proof! It's a waste of money and power (+ noise/heat).
        What do you mean with that?

Comment

Sorry, but whole idea of this thread is ... stupid.

1.st You need to get Intel CPU with latest stack.
          2.nd You absolutely need to get BOTH AMD and Nvidia GPUs. Preferably something that is fast, and also think about wither you'd be doing OpenGL4.3 or 4.1 is sufficient. In later case, you can buy 2011-2012 cards at much cheaper prices (4xx-6xx generation, 5xxx-6xxx generation).

That way, you will also be able to find bugs, file reports, check how your project behaves with different drivers under different platforms.

After getting three GPUs you can finally say, you have it covered as a developer.

Comment

Originally posted by brosis View Post
            Sorry, but whole idea of this thread is ... stupid.

1.st You need to get Intel CPU with latest stack.
            2.nd You absolutely need to get BOTH AMD and Nvidia GPUs. Preferably something that is fast, and also think about wither you'd be doing OpenGL4.3 or 4.1 is sufficient. In later case, you can buy 2011-2012 cards at much cheaper prices (4xx-6xx generation, 5xxx-6xxx generation).

That way, you will also be able to find bugs, file reports, check how your project behaves with different drivers under different platforms.

After getting three GPUs you can finally say, you have it covered as a developer.
            Or just get someone else with an AMD system to test it.

Comment

Working...
            X