Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD Radeon Gallium3D Catches Up To Catalyst For Some Linux Games

Quote Originally Posted by Detructor View Post
    if you two aren't playing Xonotic you are missing out...
    Missing nothing. It's a Quake/Unreal Tournament clone, which got old fast when they where new.

You can try and make a case for Tremulous/Unvanquished, but it was always a crap version of Aliens VS Predator 2.

Also, I've never created another account, Larabel is just too lazy to run the tests for games people actually play so that the people that are actually buying the hardware have a good idea of how it performs in real world scenarios.

just tried these with the latest kernal

performance is miles ahead of catalyst on l4d2 ! really smooth no mouse lag !! (which is still present on the catalyst after a year)

awesome.

using A10 trinity APU.

Quote Originally Posted by Kivada View Post
    It's a Quake/Unreal Tournament clone, which got old fast when they where new.
    You sir just gained an enemy for life! How dare you?? Quake/UT got old fast?

Not bad, it's around 80% of Catalyst speed in non-pixel-pusher benchmarks. Which is actually not that far from the radeonsi results, which is pretty amazing for radeonsi (although admittedly they had r600g, Gallium3D and Mesa to build upon).

Also, I've never created another account, Larabel is just too lazy to run the tests for games people actually play so that the people that are actually buying the hardware have a good idea of how it performs in real world scenarios.
    Yeah, it is poor under-worked Larabel's fault that the games you like are a bitch to work with. Blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by devius View Post
    You sir just gained an enemy for life! How dare you?? Quake/UT got old fast?
    Yep, games I got maybe a week or 2 out of before I got so bored with them I never played them again. And I'm talking got them within the month that they where released.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
    Yeah, it is poor under-worked Larabel's fault that the games you like are a bitch to work with. Blame him.
    Yeas, so overworked he never had the time to find at least 5 links to previous Phoronix articles with no link back to the actual source for his post so that he could have a perpetually branching link back to the beginning of Phoronix itself...

Also, every Mac and Windows review site has never had a problem with running those same games.

Though you'd know that if you bothered to take your head out of Larabel's lower intestine.

Yeas, so overworked he never had the time to find at least 5 links to previous Phoronix articles with no link back to the actual source for his post so that he could have a perpetually branching link back to the beginning of Phoronix itself...

Also, every Mac and Windows review site has never had a problem with running those same games.

Though you'd know that if you bothered to take your head out of Larabel's lower intestine.
    Again, it's an entirely different situation... Windows and OS X sites more well staffed... Much more lucrative ad market, etc. Those that try for very fine quality to Linux articles just end up going bust; i.e. H-Online, the original Linux.com, NewsForge, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by phill1978 View Post
    just tried these with the latest kernal

performance is miles ahead of catalyst on l4d2 ! really smooth no mouse lag !! (which is still present on the catalyst after a year)

awesome.

using A10 trinity APU.
    I saw this as well on the same hardware. All is not peachy though. I get serious artifacting in Dota 2 with Gallium (e.g. when a tower is destroyed for some reason). It's playable but there's a pretty big bug somewhere.

The day someone doesn't make an uneducated complaint on a phoronix GPU article will be the day Microsoft will open source Windows.