No announcement yet.

A Megaton Of New Linux Benchmarks Are Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh hey, CX430s. Nice choice, I'm running one right now as well.

Comment

Debian Sid and Arch!

Cool benchmarks. Can't wait to see them. I've used Debian Sid for last 10 years on my desktop, it would be very interesting to see some continuous metrics on that distro...

Comment

This is going to be great! Phoronix Premium subscription purchased.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
          I'd hate to see your electricity bill.

Particularly excited to see the Arch stuff. Keep up the great work.
          I know it would be asking to much for some ABS package build

Comment

Originally posted by nightmarex View Post
            I know it would be asking to much for some ABS package build
            too much... Well that's it. Not awake 5 minutes and already effing up... oh well.

Comment

Even though it lags behind rawhide fedora
              Enable testing and you have nearly the same packages running against Rawhide. That is what separates Arch from a literal no mans land of untested bleeding edge software.

Comment

Originally posted by Rexilion View Post
                Too bad is not that accessible to the starting Linux user.
                I don't know about that. There are lots of people on the Arch forums that are new to Linux, started with Arch and seemed to have no problems installing it. It's probably the distro with the best documentation and user guides.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                  Oh hey, CX430s. Nice choice, I'm running one right now as well.
                  Old(first) ones were okay, newer versions uses crappy chinese capacitors(samxon and teapo ). I would have rather took i.e. 450W xfx power supply instead.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
                    I don't know about that. There are lots of people on the Arch forums that are new to Linux, started with Arch and seemed to have no problems installing it. It's probably the distro with the best documentation and user guides.
                    Also, Antegeros installs a basic Arch system like any other distro, and then you have derivatives like Manjaro and Chakra that try to play the mainstream card. You can definitely get a pacman distribution installed even if you aren't a veteran.

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
                      He, last time I saw that (a week or two ago) some one used manual partitioning, deleting all partisions and set them up in a way where the system woudn't boot. Then was supprised when he coudn't do a Windows recovery.
                      Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
                      The last dude i heared about cried the Ubuntu installer deleted his Windows and of course its a bug ... -.-
                      I still have no idea why Linux is not gaining more popularity despite is (perceived) 'improvements'/advantages over Windows...

Comment

Working...
                      X