Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Megaton Of New Linux Benchmarks Are Coming

Quote Originally Posted by Rexilion View Post
    I still have no idea why Linux is not gaining more popularity despite is (perceived) 'improvements'/advantages over Windows...
    Because it isn't pre installed on more systems. The same mistake could be performed using the windows install disk

Quote Originally Posted by AJenbo View Post
    Because it isn't pre installed on more systems. The same mistake could be performed using the windows install disk
    How can you make a mistake in deleting an existing OS that is not already installed?

I was more referring to the 'tone' of the respondents with regards to people wrecking their system while trying to use linux.

How can you make a mistake in deleting an existing OS that is not already installed?
    Have you ever tried installing windows on a PC with any other OS installed?

I was more referring to the 'tone' of the respondents with regards to people wrecking their system while trying to use linux.
    I was thinking they had a pre installed Linux

My point is that it doesn't really matter how easy it becomes, to really work for them it needs to be done for them. I also think that it's fair enough I'm probably not to grate at there hobbies either

Quote Originally Posted by AJenbo View Post
    I was thinking they had a pre installed Linux

My point is that it doesn't really matter how easy it becomes, to really work for them it needs to be done for them. I also think that it's fair enough I'm probably not to grate at there hobbies either
    This is true, but this should(no joke) be common sense and a part of computer literacy. If navigating the windows C: drive etc and using MS word, excel, powerpoint etc can be considered common sense, so can installing linux and using LibreOffice.
    This should should really be considered since it seems that without it common people don't even have the capability to choose an OS for themselves, the value of which should be reason enough to make it happen.

If this is not a requirement even for computer science focused high schools there really is something wrong.