Thread: More OpenGL Extensions Emerging In Mesa

Default More OpenGL Extensions Emerging In Mesa

Phoronix: More OpenGL Extensions Emerging In Mesa

It was just yesterday I was writing about a new OpenGL 4.1 extension in Mesa and today I have two more GL4 extensions to report on that are in the process of being enabled for the Mesa driver, in particularly within Intel's open-source code...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU3ODE

Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: More OpenGL Extensions Emerging In Mesa

It was just yesterday I was writing about a new OpenGL 4.1 extension in Mesa and today I have two more GL4 extensions to report on that are in the process of being enabled for the Mesa driver, in particularly within Intel's open-source code...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU3ODE
    They just keep on pouring in!

Too bad that only Intel is working towards OGL4 compliance while Gallium3D drivers are stuck trying to complete OGL3.3. Could Intel's work benefit in some manner other drivers in some way?

Quote Originally Posted by newwen View Post
    Too bad that only Intel is working towards OGL4 compliance while Gallium3D drivers are stuck trying to complete OGL3.3. Could Intel's work benefit in some manner other drivers in some way?
    Behind Gallium there is mesa. Other drivers has to adapt themselves to the next mesa to be compatible, so it's normal it takes more time.

Hopefully it won't take too long until mesa doesn't have to play catch-up anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by blackout23 View Post
    Hopefully it won't take too long until mesa doesn't have to play catch-up anymore.
    Of course not, at least for Intel it won't!

its more like a general question, but...
    ... would it be possible or even beneficial to write an HSA enabled implementation of LLVMpipe?