Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: More OpenGL Extensions Emerging In Mesa

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,624

    Default More OpenGL Extensions Emerging In Mesa

    Phoronix: More OpenGL Extensions Emerging In Mesa

    It was just yesterday I was writing about a new OpenGL 4.1 extension in Mesa and today I have two more GL4 extensions to report on that are in the process of being enabled for the Mesa driver, in particularly within Intel's open-source code...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU3ODE

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: More OpenGL Extensions Emerging In Mesa

    It was just yesterday I was writing about a new OpenGL 4.1 extension in Mesa and today I have two more GL4 extensions to report on that are in the process of being enabled for the Mesa driver, in particularly within Intel's open-source code...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU3ODE
    They just keep on pouring in!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Too bad that only Intel is working towards OGL4 compliance while Gallium3D drivers are stuck trying to complete OGL3.3. Could Intel's work benefit in some manner other drivers in some way?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newwen View Post
    Too bad that only Intel is working towards OGL4 compliance while Gallium3D drivers are stuck trying to complete OGL3.3. Could Intel's work benefit in some manner other drivers in some way?
    Behind Gallium there is mesa. Other drivers has to adapt themselves to the next mesa to be compatible, so it's normal it takes more time.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Hopefully it won't take too long until mesa doesn't have to play catch-up anymore.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackout23 View Post
    Hopefully it won't take too long until mesa doesn't have to play catch-up anymore.
    Of course not, at least for Intel it won't!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    250

    Default

    its more like a general question, but...
    ... would it be possible or even beneficial to write an HSA enabled implementation of LLVMpipe?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •