No announcement yet.

FreeBSD 10.0 Has Finally Been Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think you guys have really used FreeBSD 10 yet.

Take a took at this review by some people who actually tried FreeBSD 10:
    http://aboutthebsds.wordpress.com/20...f-freebsd-yet/

Comment

Just stop your pathetic attempts to drive traffic to your blog. Nobody is taking you serious anyways.

Comment

Actually I enjoyed reading it. It made me laugh.
        Yes stock versions of FreeBSD are now compiled with CLANG not GCC. As of 2014, CLANG still produces vastly inferior binaries compared to GCC.
        With the kernel fully booted and the slow and obsolete BSD init finally activating all required services, we started the installation and ran into the next big change. Arrow keys do not work anymore.
        Booting from the hard drive is now far slower then booting from the CD. The boot loader and kernel are both so slow with the kernel being the worst.
        BSD developers are trying to force users away from FOSS respecting GPU manufacturers like Intel and AMD and instead make them use drivers from proprietary terrorists like NVidia.
        We tried out these instructions and got one FreeBSD virtual machine to boot after 10 hours (just pointless). By contrast, KVM in Linux took only 30 minutes.
        When you try too hard to burn someone, you just look like you're an idiot who doesn't even have a clue about anything

Comment

Originally posted by endman View Post
          I don't think you guys have really used FreeBSD 10 yet.

Take a took at this review by some people who actually tried FreeBSD 10:
          http://aboutthebsds.wordpress.com/20...f-freebsd-yet/

By some people who are clearly delirious...

Using our machine, it took us nearly 20 hours to build Xorg. Once Xorg has been build, the troubles are only just beginning.
          Enough said. I managed to compile all of Xorg in a matter of minutes from ports, and that was on a VMWare instance on a PC. 20 Hours? Sounds like a load of BS to me (or an ultra slow machine).

Yes stock versions of FreeBSD are now compiled with CLANG not GCC. As of 2014, CLANG still produces vastly inferior binaries compared to GCC.
          Absolute horse shit. Clang 3.3 produces significantly faster code than the old base gcc 4.2.1 compiler that was in freebsd for years. Recent CLANG's are not all that far behind GCC at all.

Finally with the installation done, we now boot from the hard drive and encounter probably the biggest change to FreeBSD 10.0. Booting from the hard drive is now far slower then booting from the CD.
          Clearly a sign of PEBKAC (or bad hardware).

There is so much more BS in that blog it doesnt deserve a response. Whoever wrote it really needs to get a clue (using ZFS on a laptop with a single 5200rpm drive)? LOL. The troll would have been better off with the stock UFS2 for a laptop. Amazed at the amount of cluelessness out there.
          Last edited by ahhyes; 23 January 2014, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X