Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTK+ 3.11.4 Adds A New Container, Widget Changes

Phoronix: GTK+ 3.11.4 Adds A New Container, Widget Changes

GTK+ 3.11.4 was checked in this week for the debut of GNOME 3.11.4. This latest GTK update brings various tool-kit improvements, but no corrections to what some say is the biggest problem with GTK...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Raleigh is ugly

The Raleigh GTK theme is so ugly!
    It looks worse than Windows 95!

But GNOME/GTK looks awesome with Greybird, Numix, Zukini, Zukiwi, and Zukitwo.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      The Raleigh GTK theme is so ugly!
      It looks worse than Windows 95!
      It's supposed to be ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by PiotrDrag View Post
        It's supposed to be ugly.
        Why?
        Is ugly a feature?

Comment

Why?
          Is ugly a feature?
          It's a default theme for testing purposes. It's not meant to be used by end-users. That's what Adwaita is for.

Comment

Originally posted by PiotrDrag View Post
            It's a default theme for testing purposes. It's not meant to be used by end-users. That's what Adwaita is for.
            Adwaita isn't so good either.
            Greybird is awesome!

Comment

Adwaita isn't so good either.
              Greybird is awesome!
              A matter of taste, I guess. I like Adwaita myself.

Comment

It's been around for years, and they can't even expose an API to allow Thunderbird to take advantage of notifications and calendar integration.
                After I installed Fedora 20, I noticed that the calendar in Gnome Shell's clock doesn't work, i.e. it doesn't show scheduled entries. Actual...

I mean it could be worse, such as being no other option than using Evolution, but this problem has been around for years and something should have been done about it a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by intellivision View Post
                  It's been around for years, and they can't even expose an API to allow Thunderbird to take advantage of notifications and calendar integration.
                  After I installed Fedora 20, I noticed that the calendar in Gnome Shell's clock doesn't work, i.e. it doesn't show scheduled entries. Actual...

I mean it could be worse, such as being no other option than using Evolution, but this problem has been around for years and something should have been done about it a long time ago.
                  This has nothing whatsoever to do with GTK at all and in any case the post is not correct

DISCONTINUED. Contribute to tanwald/gnome-shell-extension-thunderbird-integration development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
                    This has nothing whatsoever to do with GTK at all and in any case the post is not correct

https://github.com/tanwald/gnome-she...rd-integration
                    I was posting this in the latest Gnome thread, must have been the wrong one.

And in any case, tanwald's gnome-shell-extension-thunderbird-integration plugin doesn't work for Gnome 3.8+ and it only handles mail notifications, no calendar or contact integration whatsoever which is most of the reason you get Thunderbird anyway.

Even worse, if you try and remove Empathy or Evolution, you risk removing the notification transport components since they get removed by default.
                    What kind of person would call that a good design?

Comment

Working...
                    X