OpenBSD Foundation At Risk Of Shutting Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three kernel overflows in pf?
    I can't find a trace of those online, so you had better have a source for that.

FBI agents...illegally copied GPL code sans copyright notices...to add exploits...with de Raadt's assistance?
    Ahem. Someone does not have a clue what their lies mean:
    -The original source, who may be unreliable (one alleged accomplice was apparently never associated with the FBI), claims only that FBI agents added exploits.
    -If they illegally copied code to add exploits, where are the bugfixes in the Linux kernel? That claim cannot stand without saying that Linux has an open hole in its crypto layer. But the original source said no such thing.
    -It's a very strange definition of "assistance" that allows for forwarding a claim before a rebuttal was prepared, that results in an audit conducted by several developers, that finds and closes some different security holes, and concludes with "I believe that NETSEC was probably contracted to write backdoors as alleged...I am happy that people are taking the opportunity to audit an important part of the tree which many had assumed -- for far too long -- to be safe as it is."

So while there may be some truth to two of the four elements of the claim, the two that are relied upon are blatantly inventions of the author of that collection of disinformation more than worthy of SCO.

Anyhow, please excuse me. I probably ought to go check the depth of the farm pond; it's certainly deeper in here.

Comment

fortunes have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by nslay View Post
        Let me fix that for you.
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JX8p View Post
          Please avoid responding to Pawlerson, beetreetime, and anyone associated with aboutthebsds blog. They are known trolls who have been active for years and how they are able to avoid being banned everywhere for their homophobic and idiotic bile is astonishing. He enjoys receiving a shocked response to his lies and you must starve him of this to stop him. It is imperative that you never directly address him either.
          I'm associated with aboutthebsd, because I made some comments out there? Btw. you sound like a pervert.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
            I'm associated with aboutthebsd, because I made some comments out there? Btw. you sound like a pervert.
            You people crack me up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
              You keep talking shit, doing nothing in your life to contribute to the community, and leave the work to people that really care about it, and have the knowledge and leadership to lead the path, like Theo.

Get a life, loser.
              It was already proven TdR is a hypocrite. He attacks Linux, because of blobs, but he doesn't see anything wrong in bsd license. Some Linux distributions provide blobs, because in some cases it's an only way to compete with Windows. It's much different than being bsd, so proprietary friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
                It seems like a lot of people who dislike BSD in general have some warped view of BSD licenses in general.
                No, it seems you have no clue about licenses at all. Linux/FLOSS ecosystem is competitor to proprietary software. It makes BDS licenses unacceptable in most cases, because they automatically support proprietary software. It's stupid to fight and support the one you're fighting same time. However, it seems it's not obvious for some people.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
                  No, it seems you have no clue about licenses at all. Linux/FLOSS ecosystem is competitor to proprietary software. It makes BDS licenses unacceptable in most cases, because they automatically support proprietary software. It's stupid to fight and support the one you're fighting same time. However, it seems it's not obvious for some people.
                  As a general observation, Linux seems to be more pragmatic and OpenBSD more dogmatic.

Comment

Originally posted by nils_ View Post
                    As a general observation, Linux seems to be more pragmatic and OpenBSD more dogmatic.
                    Well, I couldn't agree more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
                      Do you fold your tin foil into cool hats, or do you just kind of mold it onto your head?

Comment

Working...
                      X