OpenBSD Foundation At Risk Of Shutting Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sergio View Post
    1. You are a hypocrite: you waste your existence trying to convince people just how bad (unethical? Immoral?) BSD-like licensing is, but you not only use, but DEPEND on this type of software. HYPOCRITE.
    If that is your contribution, then STFU and actually do something useful, if you really care that much.
    If you didn't notice yet, I only comment when some bsd fanboys start attacking GPL. What I've written about BSD so far is just truth. You weren't able to prove me wrong on few points I've made in this discussion.

2. So suddenly you forget what license is Xorg (or maybe Wayland?) is distributed under? How convenient!
    Furthermore, making permissive-licensed software is a 'crime', but USING it is not? How convenient!
    HYPOCRITE.
    I was thinking about the BSD license. If it will make you happier I wouldn't support Xorg.

3. You must watch the talk he gave, not the interview (how about W^X?).
    I read the presentation. W^X (or its equivalent) is also present in Linux. ASLR appeared two years earlier in Linus OS, but W^X is probably OpenBSD project.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
      If it will make you happier I wouldn't support Xorg.
      Good you admit being a hypocrite... Now go do the right thing and remove Xorg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sergio
        Good you admit being a hypocrite... Now go do the right thing and remove Xorg.
        Let me politely point out here that Sergio doesn't even use BSD in his projects or even as his main computing platform which makes him the true hypocrite. Sergio uses Ubuntu with the Mir display server. And his project's license is GPLv3.

By the way, Xorg already has many addons that are GPL licensed which makes the entire thing GPL not MIT/BSD.
        Last edited by beetreetime; 29 January 2014, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
          I didn't miss it. He wasn't able to prove anything and it's just his opinion. I don't care about him.
          You were the one who posted the link O.o

Comment

• Originally posted by beetreetime View Post
            By the way, Xorg already has many addons that are GPL licensed which makes the entire thing GPL not MIT/BSD.
            It doesn't work like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by beetreetime View Post
              You have tried to pull this crap some time ago already with one of your other alter egos (was it tron_ston? I don't remember, you have so many). This only shows that you actually don't have a clue at all how these licenses work.

Comment

• I was just thinking, "Wow, will this ever end?" but then-

Comment

Working...
                X