floating point texture support....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floating point texture support....

I have an old Acer laptop that I want to play a few older games on, but I can't because, (I think this is the problem, but not sure) I don't have floating point texture support.

Running Archlinux with floating point textures enabled in mesa, with the i915 kernel module (old intel GPU). Could it be that my hardware simply can't do it? Or is there any hope?

How should anybody know? You aren't telling us which GPU you are using. Do you get error messages about this feature?

Comment

Oops, sorry about that...

Truth is I don't know my GPU and I'm not sure how to find it out. Hehe...

Was hoping all the i915s are the same or something.

Yes there are error messages in games about shaders, sometimes textures. I have to disable texture compression for some of them to run (UFO AI). Crossover complains about floating point texture support specifically.

Comment

Originally posted by gothmog123 View Post
        Truth is I don't know my GPU and I'm not sure how to find it out. Hehe...
        If you run
        Code:
        $ dmesg > file.txt
        then it will create file.txt, containing a load of information about your system hardware, which will include your graphics card.

If you run
        Code:
        glxinfo | grep OpenGL > another_file.txt
        as well, then we'll be able to see some more information.

Comment

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

lspci:
          Display controller: Intel Corporation Atom Processor D4xx/D5xx/N4xx/N5xx Integrated Graphics Controller

Comment

Nevermind, I just recompiled mesa with gallium support for i915 and everything is fixed and I can play all games.

Comment

Working...
            X