Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Core i5 4670 On Linux

Phoronix: Intel Core i5 4670 "Haswell"

The Core i5 4670 is a mid-range Intel "Haswell" processor that's quad-core, clocked at 3.4GHz, and can top out at 3.8GHz all for a price of just over $200 USD. If you happen to be after a mid-range CPU with decent Linux open-source graphics support, check out our new comparative benchmarks of the Intel Core i5 4670 on Ubuntu Linux.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

this kernel...

this kernel simply sucks with haswell, great regression in games. fortunately I have a ivy...

Comment

Originally posted by Andrecorreia View Post
      this kernel simply sucks with haswell, great regression in games. fortunately I have a ivy...
      I like my ivy i3 for light gaming (laptop) pretty snappy lil bastard.

Comment

My current desktop is a 4670K which I built in August.

I planned to use the HD4600 to hold me over until the Hawaii Islands launch, and so far I'm perfectly happy with its performance in native DOTA2 and other Steam Linux stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Xisiqomelir View Post
          My current desktop is a 4670K which I built in August.

I planned to use the HD4600 to hold me over until the Hawaii Islands launch, and so far I'm perfectly happy with its performance in native DOTA2 and other Steam Linux stuff.
          This is your first post in how many years?!

That said, it is a very nice chip!

Comment

This makes me glad of my 3770K... I will probably use it for a very long time.

Comment

Intel Build on Linux - Graphics

I'm getting ready to build a system on which I intend to run Xubuntu primarily. My initial plan was to build off of the i5-4670, but with the sub-par graphics performance of the built-in graphics, I'm now thinking about building from the i7-3770 instead. Is the graphics performance on the Haswell processors likely to improve with time and new kernels/drivers? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X