No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 331.38 Linux Driver Brings Many Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have they fixed the openCL slowdown bug yet? I know most everyone who folds gets about 60% of their points in the 331 driver that they did in the 319 driver. There is supposed to be a bug fix on the way but has it landed yet?

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
      Hmm, yea, I had a lot of Firefox crashes on FF 26. I ended up downgrading to FF 25 to avoid them. If this update fixes it, it would be nice to know so I could upgrade back.
      Seems like they fixed it. I used to get a crash when opening up a file dialogue box in Firefox. Now works perfect. I'm using ArchLinux.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
        This is going to fix my L4D2 problems. I just know it.
        Or not.

Not only that but stutters and input lag make the game completely unplayable now. Now button presses sometimes don't register at all, or are never released.

It's the year of Linux gaming!

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
          Not only that but stutters and input lag make the game completely unplayable now. Now button presses sometimes don't register at all, or are never released.
          I do get a lot of freezes/stutter at the beginning of L4D2 games, and then when zombies attack, but it?s less and less frequent the longer I keep playing. I?ve always assumed it was caused by the game loading assets from disk? Also didn?t notice any input lag, but I?m not a pro-gamer. (Arch Linux 64 bit, nvidia 331.38 on a GTX 660, Core i3 550.)

Comment

Don't know if it was the update of the nvidia drivers to 331.38, or perhaps from KDE 4.11.3 to 4.11.4, or the update to xorg-x11-server 7.6_1.14.3.901-4.1, however, but finally I can put my macbook pro to sleep and resume it, and it still shows the WiFi-connections in the plasmoid-networkmanagement, can authorize them, and the plasma menus work)
            All this didn't work before (it was stuck at waiting for authorization).

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
              On wine with Prince of persia Forgotten Sands seems equal

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

cool

do you get all the games running in Fullscreen if yes - how ? very often the games always start in window mode (e.g. UT3) and unless clicked on them

they stay there or are in background & stay minimized

oftentimes when I try to get games running in Fullscreen or switch resolutions from 800x600 (e.g. NFS Hot Pursuit 2012) - it crashes

Rayman Origins doesn't work too bad but also hardlocks the box from time to time

wine version is 1.7.11

Metro Last Light seems to have a crashing bug caused by Nvidia drivers ? (when loading Polis)

besides that the driver is pretty stable and runs great on 3.13.0 kernel and survives switching to VT, switching from xfwm4 to compiz and back several times, inverting colors, zooming, watching videos on Youtube (windows / fullscreen), apps running under wine (PDF-XChange), several instances of Okular, Chromium with several tabs and hour-long sessions of researching and saving html-pages & PDF-files from the web

firefox also doesn't seem to lead to hardlocks or lockups with adobe-flash but it feels slow during loading/initialization compared to fglrx or xf86-video-ati drivers

also compiz-fusion feels kinda slow unless --indirect-rendering and --lose-binding (this seems to help) are activated
              Last edited by kernelOfTruth; 26 January 2014, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
                cool

do you get all the games running in Fullscreen if yes - how ? very often the games always start in window mode (e.g. UT3) and unless clicked on them

they stay there or are in background & stay minimized

oftentimes when I try to get games running in Fullscreen or switch resolutions from 800x600 (e.g. NFS Hot Pursuit 2012) - it crashes

Rayman Origins doesn't work too bad but also hardlocks the box from time to time

wine version is 1.7.11

Metro Last Light seems to have a crashing bug caused by Nvidia drivers ? (when loading Polis)

besides that the driver is pretty stable and runs great on 3.13.0 kernel and survives switching to VT, switching from xfwm4 to compiz and back several times, inverting colors, zooming, watching videos on Youtube (windows / fullscreen), apps running under wine (PDF-XChange), several instances of Okular, Chromium with several tabs and hour-long sessions of researching and saving html-pages & PDF-files from the web

firefox also doesn't seem to lead to hardlocks or lockups with adobe-flash but it feels slow during loading/initialization compared to fglrx or xf86-video-ati drivers

also compiz-fusion feels kinda slow unless --indirect-rendering and --lose-binding (this seems to help) are activated
                Hi

I use virtual desktop for all games, this is needed for appear other features as nvidia control panel and dolphin with console

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit is 2010 not 2012, 2012 is new most wanted nd this titles dont run on wine (DX10)

Rayman Origins requires some dlls on uplay directory (msasn1.dll and crypt32.dll)

Metro Last Light i dont have but i test metro 2033 without problems at test

Metro 2033 con el Wine 1.7.9 (compilado)**:Nvidia Drivers 331.20 (estamos usando el paquete binario (run package) de la pagina de nvidia)***Linux Mint 15 KDE...

Nvidia drivers works good on using my linux distribution at this time: Linux Mint 15 KDE 32bits Kernel 3.8.0 (Before) with Nvidia 331.20 and now Linux Mint 16 KDE 32bits Kernel 3.11 with Nvidia 331.38

:cool
                Last edited by pinguinpc; 27 January 2014, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X