Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Core i3/i5/i7 Ubuntu Linux Performance Update

Phoronix: Intel Core i3/i5/i7 Ubuntu Linux Performance Update

Earlier today on Phoronix I delivered benchmarks showing Intel's Haswell graphics falling behind Ivy Bridge on Linux, something not seen previously and certainly not what's expected. Curious to see whether this likely Intel Haswell Linux performance regression was limited to just the HD Graphics or the processor performance overall, here's the complementary set of Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge, and Haswell benchmarks. These tests span the Core i3/i5/i7 series when using the latest Ubuntu 14.04 packages and the Linux 3.13 kernel with these benchmarks focusing upon the processor performance.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Core i3-4130

Well, that's interesting. Looks like the AESNI instruction set has moved down to the i3 line with Haswell. Well, some of them. 12 members have it while 4 don't. That's very interesting. I wonder when the Celeron/Pentium models (if/when they show up) will have it? Looks like the new Bay Trail Atom chips have it. That's the 3[78]xx Atoms, but not the 34xx ones.

Comment

That i3 4130 is very impressive!!!!

Comment

still would be interesting if there were AMD tests in there also
        like FX 8350 and 6300 or similar.. APU is slow anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Tgui View Post
          That i3 4130 is very impressive!!!!
          Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Rexilion View Post
            Really?
            Whats your point?

Comment

Whats your point?
              They were impressively bad. Maybe a sarcasm bit was lost in translation.

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
                It came in second on every test that didn't benefit from high degrees of threading. How is that 'impressively bad'?

Comment

Cheap price and a top 75% performer. Are you really that thick?

Comment

My point. Thank you.

Originally posted by willmore View Post
                    It came in second on every test that didn't benefit from high degrees of threading. How is that 'impressively bad'?
                    Cheap price and a top 75% performer. Are you really that thick?
                    This is why I responded. Why do you think that is? To the uninformed eye, it doesn't look to perform that well. According to your responses I can infer that this CPU has one of the best price/performance ratio of all.

Comment

Working...
                    X