No announcement yet.

Intel Haswell Might Have Regressed Hard On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is odd I'm getting wildly different results, my hd4600 is at 1.35ghz with 512mb of 1866 11 cas ram allocated to it. My glmark score is 245 and my qgears is 145 fps. Note I have qgears 1.0-1 and glmark 2012.12-2 from the AUR. Maybe the tests expect more vram? I've done periphery testing running at various ram allocations before and found my performance is most titles at 1080p peaks at 512.

I went looking around results on obm but the results are heavily diluted with old xservers, mesas, and kernels.

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
      It is odd I'm getting wildly different results, my hd4600 is at 1.35ghz with 512mb of 1866 11 cas ram allocated to it. My glmark score is 245 and my qgears is 145 fps. Note I have qgears 1.0-1 and glmark 2012.12-2 from the AUR. Maybe the tests expect more vram? I've done periphery testing running at various ram allocations before and found my performance is most titles at 1080p peaks at 512.
      That's odd, what resolution are you running? Did you run it by copying the command from the 'compare performance' tab ? Something like
      Code:
      phoronix-test-suite benchmark 1401119-MEND-140103115
      YOu could run that and send the link to your results so we can figure out.

In terms of allocating ram, doesn't haswell make ALL of the ram available to both CPU and GPU? (GPU is on die - anyways, I'll check my bios settings)

My rig is overclocked, but only the CPU. Overclocking the GPU actually KILLS performance in my tests.

Comment

Originally posted by mendieta View Post
        In terms of allocating ram, doesn't haswell make ALL of the ram available to both CPU and GPU? (GPU is on die - anyways, I'll check my bios settings)
        Ah yeah, dejavu. I looked into this when I tuned the system up. In my rig, the mobo allows me to allocate ram to the graphics, anywhere from 64 (default) to 1024 MB. However, the performance is exactly the same, look at these tests (the last run is with 1024 instead of 64MC allocated to the GPU; again, i think both GPU and CPU access the same cache and ram).

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

Let me reboot and go back to default settings for that, so I can use all my RAM

Comment

Interesting, I'll have to try lower memory profiles again. I was running the benchmarks in default windowed mode on 2x 1080p screens, though.

Comment

this problem affects mainly HASWELL!?

Comment

Working...
            X