Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux.Conf.Au 2014 Presentations Worth Watching

Phoronix: Linux.Conf.Au 2014 Presentations Worth Watching

With the Linux.Conf.Au 2014 conference having wrapped up, here's some of the video recordings that I'd recommend worth watching as Phoronix readers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Are the slides anywhere? I couldn't find any.

Comment

Can I create a torrent with these videos?

Comment

If that mirror is slow, there's also the torrent here: http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/9467509

Or the magnet URI:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:e5c47d327788ead0...nii.com%3A1337

Comment

Screw videos. Give me text.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
            Screw videos. Give me text.
            +1

Some people (myself included) simply learn better from reading text than listening to someone talk.

Comment

that was a wondeful experience.

It happen that LCA was held in the city where I work, and it is in the holiday session, so as a long time Linux hobbyist, it was like a dream come true.
              Needless to say the first day I was there at 6 AM  , I would say it was different from what i was expecting, Linux is a mature platform , and most the attendees are professionals, a lot of people use Macbooks too.
              In the three graphics talks that I attended ( Glamor, GLX and DRI3) there was not really any mention of wayland , I had the opportunity to talks to Adam Jackson and Eric anholt, they are really very nice persons.
              From what I understood, the plan is to make the display server hardware agnostic and talks to the devise driver using only EGL, either it is X, wayland or MIR.

Comment

I don't know about anyone else, but I simply lost it when I saw Lennart's shirt!

Comment

Working...
                X