Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 130

Thread: Radeon VRAM Optimizations Coming, But Help Is Needed

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rural Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,030

    Default

    GamingOnLinux has also covered this:
    http://www.gamingonlinux.com/article...rs-better.2938

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Linuxland
    Posts
    5,105

    Default

    Nice. I think that covers all the sites with technical Linux audience interested in graphics, all two

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Radeon VRAM Optimizations Coming, But Help Is Needed

    Got a workload that runs badly on the r600g Radeon Gallium3D driver? You can help fix it! Optimizations are coming to the open-source Radeon Linux driver for video memory usage...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU2Nzk
    Hi, I have a laptop with a rv710and 512mb vram, so I guess it's the perfect candidate for you.
    I have however, one problem with it: the cpu cooling is far too weak. I use TurionPowerControl to enable C1E and htc at startup, if not (and this is a problem in recovery when bypassing sysinit) I can guarantee it ends in an mce followed by a kernel shutdown.
    But when it's jumping in and out of htc slowdown, won't the results of your research be severely affected by this malfunction? I don't want to post corrupt data

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    33

    Default

    I try to help however I have couple questions.

    At first I use Wsnipex MESA ppa as I mainly use XBMC and Oibaf's PPA not always worked with it.

    Question 1.
    Do I need to purge Wsnipex PPA before I execute

    sudo add-apt-repository ppaibaf/graphics-drivers
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

    Question 2.
    Do I need to restart my desktop before/after update to Oibaf's ppa?

    Question 3.
    I have Steam games however I do not know when my steam library stored. Where is it? (default)

    Question 4.
    How and where I need to setup the environment variable?

    I know it is basic questions, but not everybody experts here. THANK YOU/

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LN17 View Post
    I try to help however I have couple questions.

    At first I use Wsnipex MESA ppa as I mainly use XBMC and Oibaf's PPA not always worked with it.

    Question 1.
    Do I need to purge Wsnipex PPA before I execute

    sudo add-apt-repository ppaibaf/graphics-drivers
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

    Question 2.
    Do I need to restart my desktop before/after update to Oibaf's ppa?

    Question 3.
    I have Steam games however I do not know when my steam library stored. Where is it? (default)

    Question 4.
    How and where I need to setup the environment variable?

    I know it is basic questions, but not everybody experts here. THANK YOU/
    1. Yes.
    2. All 3D apps started before the upgrade will still use the old driver, so if you want compiz to use the new drivers, 'yes'.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    378

    Default

    Are the patches compatible with mesa 10.0.2 ?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Linuxland
    Posts
    5,105

    Default

    I've pushed a stats7 branch, rebased to work with the radeonsi naming changes, and added a 32-bit fix for LFS (2g file limit). Can any SI user test?

    Quote Originally Posted by jsollie View Post
    Hi, I have a laptop with a rv710and 512mb vram, so I guess it's the perfect candidate for you.
    I have however, one problem with it: the cpu cooling is far too weak. I use TurionPowerControl to enable C1E and htc at startup, if not (and this is a problem in recovery when bypassing sysinit) I can guarantee it ends in an mce followed by a kernel shutdown.
    But when it's jumping in and out of htc slowdown, won't the results of your research be severely affected by this malfunction? I don't want to post corrupt data
    How big FPS jumps does it cause for you? A variance within 5% would be well acceptable, but 20% wouldn't.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Linuxland
    Posts
    5,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TAXI View Post
    Are the patches compatible with mesa 10.0.2 ?
    The latest (stats7) are definitely not, due to the SI renames. stats6 may work, untested.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    ฿ 16LDJ6Hrd1oN3nCoFL7BypHSEYL84ca1JR
    Posts
    1,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by curaga View Post
    I've pushed a stats7 branch, rebased to work with the radeonsi naming changes, and added a 32-bit fix for LFS (2g file limit). Can any SI user test?
    Produced https://anonfiles.com/file/1382dac3c...d2db9433ce51ee for me, seems to work.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by curaga View Post
    stats6 may work, untested.
    No, damn.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •