No announcement yet.

Radeon VRAM Optimizations Coming, But Help Is Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you want statistics from APUs as well, or just discrete cards? I have an old r600 card that might still work in my junk drawer, but I also have a working 5800k build running radeon.

Comment

I sold all my r600g cards, I have just r300g and radeonsi cards right now.
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

VRAM Fragmentation might be one thing but...

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        Phoronix: Radeon VRAM Optimizations Coming, But Help Is Needed

Got a workload that runs badly on the r600g Radeon Gallium3D driver? You can help fix it! Optimizations are coming to the open-source Radeon Linux driver for video memory usage...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU2Nzk
        I suspect the CS parser also adds latency, how much I don't know, it has to do checks for validation of command submissions for security and all (does fglrx do this?).

I would be curious to see if that can be benchmarked also.

Comment

I sent unigine heaven 3.0 trace

Comment

What do I set in that debug env. variable for steam games?

OpenGL ES also counts?
            LLVM vs no-LLVM backend matter?

And last but not least. NJ

(Now who's making AUR package for it?)

Comment

Originally posted by spstarr View Post
              I suspect the CS parser also adds latency, how much I don't know, it has to do checks for validation of command submissions for security and all (does fglrx do this?).

I would be curious to see if that can be benchmarked also.
              There is no CS parser for Sea Islands. The hardware does the security checks by itself.

Comment

I got some pre r600 chips, an onboard HD3300 (w. sideport memory, currently deactivated), an older HD3870, a HD5670 (same board as the HD3300) and access to an FM2 APU iirc. A6 5400K or something.
                I'd love to help (esp. because it seems a good way a user can help the free stack development) but I am currently totally overstressed at university. I'll still keep the tab open to remind me if I happen to have more time.
                Last edited by Adarion; 12 January 2014, 05:11 AM.
                Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

- While radeonsi could be used in theory, it has not been tested, and traces from it are incorrect (they lack much of the cpu statistics).
                  Well, what does that mean? Would they be helpful or not?

Comment

Originally posted by toyotabedzrock View Post
                    At the end you say him but the name is more often given to females.
                    Sorry to disappoint, no hot girl mesa hacker today

Originally posted by verde
                    I have many glitces with RV630 on Wargame European Escalation.
                    That's unrelated to this; please open a bug and attach an apitrace.

Originally posted by zanny
                    Do you want statistics from APUs as well, or just discrete cards? I have an old r600 card that might still work in my junk drawer, but I also have a working 5800k build running radeon.
                    Yes, all r600g cards, integrated or not. Doesn't matter if they have dedicated VRAM or if they use system RAM, as that info is not recorded.

Originally posted by przemoli
                    What do I set in that debug env. variable for steam games?
                    I believe you need to start the game manually. Here's an example for Metro LL: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=71239#c16

OpenGL ES also counts? LLVM vs no-LLVM backend matter?
                    Any API counts, including OpenVG or even the DX9 state tracker. LLVM or no LLVM doesn't matter.

Originally posted by ChrisXY
                    Well, what does that mean? Would they be helpful or not?
                    They wouldn't be useful in the current state. I don't have a SI card, so I can't do the SI side code (can't test). Would you like to help finish the SI side, so SI owners can record too?

Others:
                    Thanks to Pontostroy and pre-emptively to Veerappan and Adarion.

Comment

@bug1

Seems you didn't remove fglrx completely, and got a corrupted half-state system. TF2 should run much better than that, see http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...SO-1312029SO20

Comment

Working...
                      X