Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 61

Thread: Wine's Big Command Stream D3D Patch-Set Updated

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xpander View Post
    Valley Benchmark in Wine

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r_dSJ6uwms

    Simple Screen Recorder kills some performance also though, but the point is still valid.. 2x perf boost with CSMT enabled.
    Would be good to see results of Valley Benchmark Linux version on your rig. Else, on Windows (Direct3D 9.0 and OpenGL variants), if you have. For better understanding about Wine+CSMT possibilities.

  2. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OnioWoess View Post
    Ahh. You wanna say that this tricks with wine works only for modern hardware and could give a boost only comparable to the previous poor results on it .
    Therefore, no chance to get same framerate even in HL2 then, which I have in Windows (wine - 40-160 winXP - 200-300)...
    It should work on old dual core CPUs too. It won't do any good on single core CPUs by design.

    I have some ancient dual core athlon from 2006/2007. I haven't tested my code there yet, it's just one of the issues that needs my attention.

    In case of HL2, I recommend to experiment with the game's multicore rendering option. Switching this on or off may show different results.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stefandoesinger View Post
    It should work on old dual core CPUs too. It won't do any good on single core CPUs by design.

    I have some ancient dual core athlon from 2006/2007. I haven't tested my code there yet, it's just one of the issues that needs my attention.

    In case of HL2, I recommend to experiment with the game's multicore rendering option. Switching this on or off may show different results.
    Good to hear it. Regaring multicore option - still nothing, all the same, enabled or disabled.

    What about wine d3d libraries are they must be set to native or to built-ones? I have Codeweaver's crossover 13.0.1 (wine 1.7.4)

    regedit options:

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stefandoesinger
    text
    I want to thank you Stefan, and the guys at Crossover and guys at Wine for keeping this project running.

    I myself tried this on EVE-Online and the results are awesome. Some reports that there are crashes with FGLRX drivers but hopefully there will be a fix for AMD users.

    Keep it up.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaodan View Post
    Currently I made a patch for 1.7.10, I try to apply it to wine-multimedia if it works I push it to the aur
    I tried the wine-multimedia + this with the other buffer patch but both the buffer and multimedia patchset was not working so well. However when I tried wine-multimedia-git with Stefans git it worked out quite nicely.

    wine-multimedia-git + Stefans git and nVidia optimization gave quite a nice boost to performance with my game (EVE-Online)

  6. #56

    Default

    Hi Stefan,

    Not sure if you had a chance to look at it but I did some benchmarks on Morrowind performance that you asked about previously:

    CSMT + threaded-ops = 31 fps
    CSMT = 20 fps
    threaded-ops without CSMT= 17 fps

    However, not all points in the game seem to show the difference. Some will have essentially the same FPS with CSMT and threaded-ops on or off, probably due to being a less CPU heavy area of the game.

    Morrowind is known to be notoriously unoptimised and heavy on resources (as well as being single threaded) so perhaps that is why there is an effect of using both.
    I later tested with the git repo and got the same results.

  7. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
    Hi Stefan,

    Not sure if you had a chance to look at it but I did some benchmarks on Morrowind performance that you asked about previously:


    I later tested with the git repo and got the same results.
    Hi,

    Yes, I've seen this. Quite interesting, when I have time I'll test Morrowind myself - right now I have plenty of other bugs to fix :-\ .

    To all others reading this thread, I plan to push an update with a few bugfixes later today. One of those bugs made me wonder why this thing worked at all. Many thanks to Mathias Wein, who made me aware of one of those issues.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    ... Some reports that there are crashes with FGLRX drivers but hopefully there will be a fix for AMD users.

    Keep it up.
    If anything, CSMT has fixed my crashes with osu! on fglrx

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    I want to thank you Stefan, and the guys at Crossover and guys at Wine for keeping this project running.

    I myself tried this on EVE-Online and the results are awesome. Some reports that there are crashes with FGLRX drivers but hopefully there will be a fix for AMD users.

    Keep it up.
    Sweet! I play EVE Online under wine (sometimes, because I have some issues with stuck keys when switching between clients that I haven't found a fix for yet), so this is good to hear

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stefandoesinger View Post
    ...To all others reading this thread, I plan to push an update with a few bugfixes later today. One of those bugs made me wonder why this thing worked at all. Many thanks to Mathias Wein, who made me aware of one of those issues.
    This is rather interesting. Would this mean better performance by some chance for things that did benefit from CSMT in some way?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •