Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wine's Big Command Stream D3D Patch-Set Updated

Quote Originally Posted by Thaodan View Post
    what you mean with popup window input?
    This: http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=13951
    It's needed for any UnrealEds to be usable (right now they are completely useless without said patch). But apparently the patchset wasn't accepted originally, and now there is some delay due to OS X, and everyone pretty much forgot about it, it seems...

Quote Originally Posted by xpander View Post
    Anyway to enable this for Mint or Ubuntu users?

Guide for compiled ubuntu or ppa?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xpander View Post
    By switching to Arch.

I wonder how fast you could make Wine with all that stuff that never really made it into mainline like all the D3D state tracker stuff, the command stream patch-set etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    ppa:foresto/winepatched has this updated patch.

Quote Originally Posted by blackout23 View Post
    By switching to Arch.

I wonder how fast you could make Wine with all that stuff that never really made it into mainline like all the D3D state tracker stuff, the command stream patch-set etc.

I think that a cartel that has restrict Linux in a bad path, will try to crash the D3D9 state tracker. I don't thing that Mesa and Wine with real D3D9 support is somewhere to be found, in any distro or repository.

Default tested it on TR2013

Forced TR RenderAPI to 9. enabled HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/Direct3D/CSMT="enabled" and run benchmark. also, both disabled GLSL, since i have NVidia 9800GT. NVidia and GLSL in wine don't really play well, halves the framerate

Wine 1.7.10 (tr patch) min=25.9, max=60.0
    dx9 Git version (+tr patch) min=30.1, max=60.0
    disabling StrictDrawOrdering produced exact same results
    max is capped by v-sync, still game overall has more stable experience

compiled it without cl

Quote Originally Posted by artivision View Post
    I think that a cartel that has restrict Linux in a bad path, will try to crash the D3D9 state tracker. I don't thing that Mesa and Wine with real D3D9 support is somewhere to be found, in any distro or repository.
    Well, our (the Wine developers') and the Mesa developers' time is limited. With regards to running d3d9 applications on Mesa we have the following options:

1. Make Wine work better on all OpenGL implementations.
    2. Make Mesa run all OpenGL applications better.
    3. Write and maintain lots of special code to make Wine run better on Mesa.

Considering finite resources, we believe 1 is the way to go, and we're helping the Mesa devs with 2. You may disagree and submit code to either project to implement 3. But don't think it's a conspiracy when we disagree with you about what to do with our time.

Is this compatible with the more recent versions of wine? I know the old one was incompatible with wine > 1.7.4(?)
    Last edited by peppercats; 01-11-2014 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stefandoesinger View Post
    Just dumping huge amount of code into our codebase is not how we operate. That invites technical and legal issues.

Anyone who looks at my patches on Github will see that there are numerous areas where work is needed. Anyone who then looks at wine-patches will see that I am submitting those patches, step by step. Anyone who compares this to the git commit log will see that they are getting committed. And anyone reading wine-devel will see where remaining challenges are.

It will take a while. Most likely months. I've uploaded the current hacky patches as a courtesy to Wine users. Enjoy :-)
    I tried your patches with wine 1.7.10 in Wow I got some micro lags when playing with more than 5 player (10+)?
    How __GL_THREADED_OPTIMISATIONS affect your patch or how is it with the patch from http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11674#c263?