Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting VDPAU working through 14.04

Hi,

Because 14.04 is so new, I think the instructions on getting VDPAU though UVD working, can somebody please help?

I have 14.04 installed and a HD6450.

Now my 14.04 should have a suitable kernel and mesa 10, so what is left to do, I see references to having to put a firmware blob for my 6450 somewhere?

I wan't better performance, quality and de-interlacing in mythtv, that needs VDPAU as far as I can tell.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers
    Richard

Digging around.

Most of the stuff I need seems to be on here but:

$ sudo vdpauinfo
    display: :0 screen: 0
    Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_r600.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Error creating VDPAU device: 1

I read that libvdpau_r600.so is in libg3dvl-mesa, no sign of that on my system, do i have to install this, any other steps?

Comment

That's only in a ppa from oibaf. I used that packagename for a mesa upgrade for debian as well, but i dont think it will be the final name. with my evergreen card i have got mpeg2 issues however.

Comment

libg3dvl-mesa is a package only from my PPA, which currently only provides packages for 13.10. I'll plan to provide packages for 14.04 when it will be officially released.

Comment

Oibaf: Will not be a part of the 14.04 release automatically?

Comment

Originally posted by LN17 View Post
            Oibaf: Will not be a part of the 14.04 release automatically?
            I always sent useful patches from my PPA to Debian or mesa. Some get merged, other still not. A couple of year ago I also sent VDPAU support to Debian (see here) but it's still not included. If/when it will be included in Debian it should also appear on Ubuntu.

Comment

Do you know how to disable mpeg2 support from radeon vdpau? Maybe at least for the shader implementaion and not for the hardware variant.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                Do you know how to disable mpeg2 support from radeon vdpau? Maybe at least for the shader implementaion and not for the hardware variant.
                No idea, sorry.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

So one VDPAU package is not available on 14.04?

I'm confused, I am happy to compile from source if that is required?

Please help me get VDPAU writing on 14.04.

Thanks again.

Richard

Comment

Until Xorg Edgers finally enables vdpau here's how to build a VDPAU enabled mesa package:
                    Code:
                    sudo apt-get install build-essential
                    sudo apt-get build-dep mesa
                    apt-get source mesa
                    cd mesa*/
                    this will unpack the source package of mesa, then in debian/rules you need to change "--disable-vdpau" to "--enable-vdpau" and in debian/libgl1-mesa-dri.install.in add the line:
                    Code:
                    dri/usr/lib/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/vdpau/libvdpau*.so* usr/lib/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/vdpau
                    That way the vdpau libraries will be packed inside libgl1-mesa-dri.
                    Before building the package the changes must be committed:
                    Code:
                    dpkg-source --commit
                    then build the packages with:
                    Code:
                    dpkg-buildpackage
                    However if you're in an amd64 environment you also need to build the i386 counterpart, and for that you need to setup a chroot env: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DebootstrapChroot
                    once you have you have your chroot env, build the mesa packages just like before.
                    Last edited by Azultra; 12 January 2014, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X