Why MS sucks, written by MS itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why MS sucks, written by MS itself

the site above is owned and written by MS.

Well, just check this out and then share you thought.
    Do you really think MS anti-linux compaigns and efforts (and for example, "linux sucks" campaigns and communities) were and are fake now? Rhetorical question.

that is funny. Chromebooks are great for what they are great for: You want a cheap, fast device with a trackpad/keyboard for web browsing and using web apps. You forfeit local apps and storage for zero-overhead web access and multi-user functionality. It's closer to a tablet, but has native keyboard/mouse, lacks touch, lacks local apps/storage, and has slightly better web functionality. Flash works perfectly for people who need that.

Comment

They are. They are not best, but they are a bang for the buck. Also, could Windumbs* be installed on them? I think it could!

Now with MS w8 notebooks and secureboot they made everything to make you next to impossible to use anything, but MS software and made it extra hard to get paid for the license.

Btw, does anyone know if:
      1) Google chromeos "license" can be returned in the same way as MS license? To return MS license one has to perform huge acrobatics that stretch over many months with minor pay-back.
      2) Did google ever make funny things about MS in a form of a full propaganda website with targeted names (not "well known OS", but real-world name) etc?

Would be fun to find out.

* This is my way to ID this OS. Its usage is based upon verified data of unfair practices. The naming is not without proof, its not offending (at least not compared to the scale of destruction what they did and do).
      Last edited by brosis; 10 January 2014, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanLamb View Post
        that is funny. Chromebooks are great for what they are great for: You want a cheap, fast device with a trackpad/keyboard for web browsing and using web apps. You forfeit local apps and storage for zero-overhead web access and multi-user functionality. It's closer to a tablet, but has native keyboard/mouse, lacks touch, lacks local apps/storage, and has slightly better web functionality. Flash works perfectly for people who need that.
        You also get zero privacy protection.
        Care to elaborate on "slightly better web functionality"?

Comment

Originally posted by Cann View Post
          You also get zero privacy protection.
          No, you get full privacy protection. Anything posted on google+, anything shot with device and uploaded is marked as private.
          Its up to the owner to decide with whom to share. Now, with NSA - Google and MS are on same terms.

Care to elaborate on "slightly better web functionality"?
          Read wikipedia on Google+, chromebook operates around it just as Android devices do, but the desktop is the browser, not Android UI.

Comment

Originally posted by brosis View Post
            No, you get full privacy protection.
            Not really, since your OS is permanently connected to Google's servers with them earning money from you.
            Anything posted on google+, anything shot with device and uploaded is marked as private.
            I don't think that's the definition of privacy.
            Its up to the owner to decide with whom to share.
            Considering all storage is on Google's servers, I don't think there's much a decision.

Read wikipedia on Google+, chromebook operates around it just as Android devices do[/QUOTE]
            If I wanted to read Wikipedia, wouldn't I rather read it on the website without the tracking?
            Also, last time I checked, my phone wasn't centered around Google+ and social media.

Comment

No, you get full privacy protection.
              Considering your operating system is permanently connected to the Google servers and sends data to them for them to make money off you, I have to disagree.
              Anything posted on google+, anything shot with device and uploaded is marked as private.
              However, that's not the definition of privacy.
              Its up to the owner to decide with whom to share.
              Related to my first reply. The things you do on your Chromebook is automatically sent to Google. Considering how there is no local storage, I assume everything you save on your Chromebook is stored on Google's servers as well, forcing me to share what I download with Google (and NSA).
              Read wikipedia on Google+, chromebook operates around it just as Android devices do
              If I wished to read Wikipedia, wouldn't I just go to the website without the tracking and read it? I wouldn't call that a real advantage.
              Last time I checked, my phone isn't circulating around social networks.

Comment

Now with MS w8 notebooks and secureboot they made everything to make you next to impossible to use anything, but MS software and made it extra hard to get paid for the license.
                Just wanna say my Samsung notebook that came with windows 8 and secureboot works just fine with openSUSE and was in fact as easy to install as it was on my previous laptop which had neither (in fact arguably easier because I didn't have to deal with any UEFI issues this time around...)

Comment

Considering your operating system is permanently connected to the Google servers and sends data to them for them to make money off you, I have to disagree.
                  Chromebook works in offline. Don't want them to collect any of your statistics for perfect ads? Disable it. Don't want to use ChromeOS on Chromebook - install any other OS.

However, that's not the definition of privacy.
                  However, this is the definition of privacy - you can do with your data want you want. Don't want to share - fine. Don't want to upload - fine. Want to store it locally - fine.

If I wished to read Wikipedia, wouldn't I just go to the website without the tracking and read it? I wouldn't call that a real advantage.
                  Last time I checked, my phone isn't circulating around social networks.
                  Yes, you go to wikipedia and google does not track you.
                  Yes, your phone is not circulating around social networks. No idea where you took that one off.

You probably dont have any google device and only capable to FUD based upon your posts.
                  Google uses G+ account for you to be able to manage applications of your phone from google play store.
                  You don't need any account if you want to install applications from other site, it is possible without anything.

You work for MS? Because you behave pretty like them, saying baseless things, claiming be better, but in fact you are much worse in all aspects. You are only good at one thing - lying.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
                    Just wanna say my Samsung notebook that came with windows 8 and secureboot works just fine with openSUSE and was in fact as easy to install as it was on my previous laptop which had neither (in fact arguably easier because I didn't have to deal with any UEFI issues this time around...)
                    Can you please give a more precise model number. I saw an array of newer notebooks in store, but they were either crappy or with some "w8" (weight LOL). How smooth did it go? Were you able to refund the OS or you'll keep it? Because for example in Russia, they (MS) instruct salesmen to FUD people that OS can't be refunded (where in fact, it can and there is a dedicated program for that). Thanks for response!

Comment

Working...
                    X