Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing Out Intel's DRM-Next Code For Linux 3.14

Phoronix: Testing Out Intel's DRM-Next Code For Linux 3.14

Covered yesterday on Phoronix were some of the Intel DRM driver improvements for Linux 3.14 and it just so happens this week I did some early, quick testing of some of the Intel's graphics driver changes done for this next kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interesting! Thanks for the testing, Michael. I wonder how Haswell will be affected, if affected at all. There were some spectacular changes in Linux 3.10, mostly because the initial support had little to no hardware acceleration. After that, changes have been rather modest so far. I thought maybe 3.13 would add some extra juice, but it hasn't happened. In any case, performance is already really close to Windows drivers, so there isn't probably to much to be optimized in terms of speed, but rather functionality, mostly on the Mesa side ...

Comment

Working...
    X