Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Linux 3.13 Kernel Has Many Improvements

Phoronix: The Linux 3.13 Kernel Has Many Improvements

With development dragging on for the Linux 3.13 kernel until the middle of January, here's a recap of some of the most important changes that landed into Linux 3.13 that either provided new features, performance improvements, or are worth noting for one reason or another. There's also a rundown of all the Linux kernel benchmarks we've done on this new kernel to date...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

boots a lot faster on my intel 1500 series ssd.

Upgraded to 3.13 rc 7 and the boot time rocks! also hdmi audio works out of the box for amd barts( hd 6850). very nice release!!!

Comment

You missed the Big one.

I just installed the ubuntu 14.04 release with the 3.13 Linux kernel. I was
      simply blown away when my benchmarks of the memory performance
      was improved about 2X with large working sets (2+ GBytes). This made my G3220
      (3.0Ghz) with 1600Mhz RAM Haswell machine faster than my I5-4670K with 2133Mhz
      RAM overclocked to 4.5Ghz with 8GB working set size. I dont know about the
      other improvements to 3.13, but this one is a game changer for me.

digitaldoug

Comment

Working...
      X