Thread: Easter Yields The Linux 3.15-rc2 Kernel Release

Default Easter Yields The Linux 3.15-rc2 Kernel Release

Phoronix: Easter Yields The Linux 3.15-rc2 Kernel Release

Linus Torvalds just tagged the 3.15-rc2 kernel a few minutes ago in Git...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTY2ODg

I've always had problem on resume from suspend network device. It stands deactivate.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael5 View Post
    I've always had problem on resume from suspend network device. It stands deactivate.
    I try to never hibernate because often, randomly, Linux fails to resume from hibernation resulting in a black screen and no error messages. Last one happened with F20 amd64 on KDE.
    Hence I never rely on hibernate/resume, only use full shutdown/boot up. From my experience hibernate/resume is a Russian roulette on Linux, works like 7 out of 8 times, then fails you.

Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post
    I try to never hibernate because often, randomly, Linux fails to resume from hibernation resulting in a black screen and no error messages. Last one happened with F20 amd64 on KDE.
    Hence I never rely on hibernate/resume, only use full shutdown/boot up. From my experience hibernate/resume is a Russian roulette on Linux, works like 7 out of 8 times, then fails you.
    I hope they fixed this issue by 3.15 kernel which makes major improvements on ACPI. Sometimes I had the same graphical problem you state using Lubuntu, but in pixellation appearences: screen looses resolution parameters. Now this error seems to be solved I reach the right screen but network devices stands off (suspend in 3.13 kernell appears to be very very fast).

Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post
    It very much depends on the system, and which video driver you're using. I have a laptop that suspend/resumes several times a day, for years now. It never has an issue, and the only reboot is for kernel updates. Always check for BIOS updates first when troubleshooting suspend/resume issues, and try to use the open source video drivers (I'm using radeon).

i hope this RC is a lot better than RC1 was .