Ubuntu 14.04, Kernel 3.13 and AMD Catalyst issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 14.04, Kernel 3.13 and AMD Catalyst issue

It seems that AMD Catalyst 13.12 doesn't work with kernel 3.13 in Ubuntu 14.04, at least for me (Unity doesn't load, though LDM does).
    Anyone experiencing such problem?

I can't recall exactly, but I thought 13.12 from AMD only worked up to kernel 3.9 without a patch or something. If it's the 13.12 from Ubuntu's repository though, I believe that worked either up to 3.12, or one of the 3.13 daily builds...

In any case, did you follow proper setup instructions? This covers a manual install, I believe Ubuntu's driver doesn't require most of that though, but there is that initial config you'll need to generate (preferably) before reboot.

Comment

yeah 13.12 only goes up officially to 3.11, and the 13.11 Beta V9.95 (which came out last night) only does 3.12.

I think the open source drivers are supposed to be improved quite a bit in 3.13 though, right? Maybe give those a shot for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonditz View Post
        yeah 13.12 only goes up officially to 3.11, and the 13.11 Beta V9.95 (which came out last night) only does 3.12.

I think the open source drivers are supposed to be improved quite a bit in 3.13 though, right? Maybe give those a shot for the time being.
        Yea I did tried open source drivers with 3.13 kernel under Ubuntu 14.04 - my framerate tripled, from 5 fps to 15

Comment

Working...
        X