Thread: How do I get tested only specific disks?

Default How do I get tested only specific disks?

I have installed phoronix test suite to test my ssd's in raid 0 on which the / is installed?.
    I have also 2 mechanical hard drive.
    When launching the "disk" benchmark I'd like to have tested only the 2 ssd's in raid 0.
    From the weird results I'm getting I suspect the test by default is benchmarking everything.

I tried to look for an answer in the documentation, without any luck

Quote Originally Posted by sonnet View Post
    I have installed phoronix test suite to test my ssd's in raid 0 on which the / is installed?.
    I have also 2 mechanical hard drive.
    When launching the "disk" benchmark I'd like to have tested only the 2 ssd's in raid 0.
    From the weird results I'm getting I suspect the test by default is benchmarking everything.

I tried to look for an answer in the documentation, without any luck
    It's covered in other forum threads with same question, but basically either link ~/.phoronix-test-suite/ to a different location or change ~/.phoronix-test-suite/user-config.xml with its ~/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/ location to point to a different location that's a mount option on the other drive you wish to test. That will universally change where tests are installed/run from.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    It's covered in other forum threads with same question, but basically either link ~/.phoronix-test-suite/ to a different location or change ~/.phoronix-test-suite/user-config.xml with its ~/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/ location to point to a different location that's a mount option on the other drive you wish to test. That will universally change where tests are installed/run from.
    Thanks for the reply and sorry for having asked something already covered.