No announcement yet.

The GNU's RPG Game Engine Is Of Very Poor Quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously, I you want to make RPGs, or any kind of 2D game, just use l?ve. No point in reinventing the wheel.

Comment

Also, http://www.ryzomcore.org/

Comment

also openmw

Comment

Originally posted by alpha_one_x86 View Post
          Include my MMORPG under GPL3 have better quality:
          http://catchchallenger.first-world.info/
          Pokemon MMO in Qt? Nintendo C&D in 3, 2, 1...

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
            Pokemon MMO in Qt? Nintendo C&D in 3, 2, 1...
            It's not Pokemon, the gameplay is different on some point for fight, have more inspiration of lineage/X3, and own intellectual property.
            Developer of Ultracopier/CatchChallenger and CEO of Confiared

Comment

It's a clear copy, even the character sprite is either a copy or drawn-over. You'll need to change more than that to avoid legal issues. Even you stats pane etc are direct copies.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                It's a clear copy, even the character sprite is either a copy or drawn-over. You'll need to change more than that to avoid legal issues. Even you stats pane etc are direct copies.
                All have been remaked for 0, but yes the cartoon targeted style is same as Pokemon, we will try be more far. But use same style (we have same draw style, sorry for that's) it's not illegal. Some sprite is extracted from other GPL3 game for now, then this games are illegals too? History, monster, gameplay, features are different than Pokemon and make from 0, only the visual style cartoon is similar (due too the 16x16 tile size too), but we will try be fared of that's.
                Developer of Ultracopier/CatchChallenger and CEO of Confiared

Comment

Originally posted by alpha_one_x86 View Post
                  Include my MMORPG under GPL3 have better quality:
                  http://catchchallenger.first-world.info/
                  Nice work!
                  I wannted to make something like that using sdl2 but I was too lazy

Comment

Originally posted by brosis View Post
                    This project needs more donation-friendly Fallout fans
                    As already mentioned, FIFE fits better that role. Probably FOnline is even better, although I'm not sure if it's actively maintained.

Comment

Why?

Why bother? it's too little, too late, it's behind the times and, well, it's rubbish. I realise a lot of "serious RPGers will claim its 2d goodness means "more real" but that's blatantly nonsense in this day and age. There are already numerous engines out there which totally eclipse this effort. Someone hasn't got April 1st mixed up have they?

Comment

Working...
                      X