Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagination Announces New Series 6 Architecture GPUs

Phoronix: Imagination Announces New Series 6 Architecture GPUs

Imagination Technologies, a brand opposed by many Linux users due to their often troublesome Linux graphics drivers provided by many Imagination PowerVR licensees, is out at CES this week with new Series 6 architecture graphics processors...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Compare

I wonder how it compare against Nvidia's new Tegra K1.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      I wonder how it compare against Nvidia's new Tegra K1.
      I consider this mostly irrelevant since both will probably only have effort put towards android, ios and windows phone stuff.

I'm not sure who's worse with support, nvidia or imageon. Probably imageon. At this time the forthcoming AMD soc with cortex a57 has the most promise. I sure hope it doesn't dissapoint.

Comment

Originally posted by bnolsen View Post
        I'm not sure who's worse with support, nvidia or imageon. Probably imageon. At this time the forthcoming AMD soc with cortex a57 has the most promise. I sure hope it doesn't dissapoint.
        Who's imageon? This article is talking about Imagination Technologies (ImgTec)...

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
          Who's imageon? This article is talking about Imagination Technologies (ImgTec)...
          Imageon was the brand name of adreno before it was sold to Qualcomm (When it still belonged to ATI). Not sure if that is what he meant, though.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
            sorry about the screwup with the company that makes what was the PowerVR and is the current gpu in the apple iphone.

Comment

I would like one of the android and linux tech sites to try and interview Imagination and ask why they are clearly hostile towards linux. If any organisation deserves Torvald's finger insult it's them! NVidia are a model of perfection in comparison.

The f*** you attitude of Imagination towards people who want to write drivers for linux is palpable. And it's not like their Windows drivers are all that wonderful too; my old netbook with GMA500 was dual boot Windows and Linux and even getting solid Windows drivers was not easy. My wife had an Acer with GMA500 too, just Windows, and I was unable to get newer drivers for Windows to install.

Comment

Working...
              X