Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM 3.4 Compiler Officially Released With Many Features

Phoronix: LLVM 3.4 Compiler Officially Released With Many Features

It's nearly one month late but the LLVM 3.4 compiler infrastructure is now available with the updated Clang C/C++ compiler front-end, the usual LLVM sub-projects, and also some new compiler tools...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Finally... I can't wait for Arch/Manjaro to push 3.4 out to people (especially with the radeonsi drivers rebuilt against it).

Combine kernel 3.13, llvm 3.4, and updated mesa, and performance should be much improved over the stock drivers included with Ubuntu 13.10 (or some other distributions).

Comment

Personally I'm waiting for the debian archive to be fully compiled with clang, so that one can see the performance and responsiveness differences in day use.

Comment

Originally posted by doom_Oo7 View Post
        Personally I'm waiting for the debian archive to be fully compiled with clang, so that one can see the performance and responsiveness differences in day use.
        You won't see any performance and responsiveness differences with it.. I think you don't even know what you're talking about, do you?

Comment

Working...
        X