VIA Partners With Mozilla For Firefox OS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by libv View Post
    No bias allowed? on a forum? What breed of horse is it that you are sitting on?

And how is this for being unbiased: http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...746#post386746
    At least my little jab had some truth to it, 'VIA is useless' however is not true.

Comment

Originally posted by intellivision View Post
      At least my little jab had some truth to it, 'VIA is useless' however is not true.
      Truth, based on what?

I actually rather doubt that you knew what they were doing before they started selling ARM SoCs under the wondermedia brand. You certainly never had to deal with them before, nor have you closely watched their decline in the x86 space. And you never spent several years of your life trying to support any of their hardware.

So, what is your python "truth" based on?

Comment

Originally posted by mrugiero View Post
        What GPU do they use, libv? I couldn't find out.
        arm 11, 800mhz
        gpu : arm mali 200

Comment

Originally posted by libv View Post
          Truth, based on what?

I actually rather doubt that you knew what they were doing before they started selling ARM SoCs under the wondermedia brand. You certainly never had to deal with them before, nor have you closely watched their decline in the x86 space. And you never spent several years of your life trying to support any of their hardware.

So, what is your python "truth" based on?
          I've watched VIA's micro-hardware since the days of Cyrix even. I agree with you, except my experience was far, far less than actually dev'ing anything. They just couldn't seem to capitalise. After dealing with numerous incumbent IT giants over the last 10 years, it isn't surprising they failed. They all seem stuck in 1980s corporate practices; rape, pillage and decisions making based on ego! |Except, VIA didn't have the money to continue to fail for a whole decade, I guess. They lasted longer than Sun though =D
          Hi

Comment

Worst Motherboards I ever owned had VIA Chipsets. But their Envy Soundcard Chips were fantastic.

Comment

Working...
            X