Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Ivy Bridge Linux Performance Stepped Up In 2013

Phoronix: Intel Ivy Bridge Linux Performance Stepped Up In 2013

In continuation from last month's Intel Haswell Linux Performance Improved A Lot In 2013, here are benchmarks of Intel "Ivy Bridge" HD Graphics 4000 when comparing the performance over the past year.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Intel Ivy Bridge Linux Performance Stepped Up In 2013

In continuation from last month's Intel Haswell Linux Performance Improved A Lot In 2013, here are benchmarks of Intel "Ivy Bridge" HD Graphics 4000 when comparing the performance over the past year.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=19613
    I'd like to see Haswell vs Ivy Bridge (or Sandy Bridge) comparison

Comment

@Michael

Did You do any OpenCL tests since Catalyst 13.10.

It finally works with Blender Cycles renderer So there ought to be some nice changes there.

Comment

Originally posted by przemoli View Post
        It finally works with Blender Cycles renderer So there ought to be some nice changes there.
        I checked what the Blenderartists and Luxmark forums had to say about this. It compiles now, but produces artifacts and is slower than cpu. This after it was broken completely for over a year.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
          I checked what the Blenderartists and Luxmark forums had to say about this. It compiles now, but produces artifacts and is slower than cpu. This after it was broken completely for over a year.

Steams that 13.8a was bit buggy and slow. 13.10 is fast and a bit buggy (when using GPU + CPU). And speed vs CPU depend on the specific hw.

So.. benchmarking is needed now

Comment

Anybody on Gentoo with IvyBrige or newer wanting to try out OpenCL (beignet), I've integrated it with Mesa in my overlay here: https://github.com/sjnewbury/gentoo-opencl

As a bonus, to really take advantage of the DRI mega-driver work, make sure you add -lto to your CFLAGS when building. (Dependent on functionality of your gcc)

I've also fixed the Classic+Gallium3D install so both classic and Gallium3D drivers are available, which should in theory bring the experimental d3d9 state-tracker, although it doesn't yet seem to be working with ilo the patch is included. WIP

I very much recommend using the Classic driver for GLX OpenGL (DRI). But for EGL you can choose at runtime: EGL_DRIVER=egl_gallium|egl_dri2

Unlike the egl_dri2 driver, egl_gallium doesn't expose OpenGL_ES3 but does support OpenVG.

Comment

Oh, and remember as I've mentioned here previously, in addition to using LTO, if you want high FPS on IvyBridge+ set your perf_bias to "performance". Unfortunately, Michael has never indicated whether he does or not.

Comment

Working...
              X