Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laminar Research Releases X-Plane 9

Phoronix: Laminar Research Releases X-Plane 9

While not exactly a game, Laminar Research has announced the release of X-Plane 9.0. X-Plane is a multi-platform (Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows) flight simulator, but unlike FlightGear and other open-source simulators, this is meant to be a life-like training exercise...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I simply love to read news like this one!

great X-Plane, great Phoronix!

Comment

Boy, I can't way to see the results when comparing performance for fglrx, radeon and radeonhd drivers, all on the same computer hardware. That will be nice to use as a benchmark, more realistic than glxgears. Esp if you don't use a super duper fast system either. Stress the graphics card instead if possible.

John

Comment

Linux much better than Mac OS X

I tested Version 8.64 on a MacBook Pro under Linux and Mac OS X with same settings.
        I used the -fps_test switch of this version. Suprisingly the Linux Version runs about 3 times faster than the Mac Version. I subsumed it on

(unfortunately only in german).
        Really curious what brings Version 9 of this excellent simulator.

Comment

Working...
        X