Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
    Thanks!
    Sadly the link is even more confusing. Games that show me a linux icon like Garry?s Mod are listed by steamDB as showing NO linux icon. So something is definitely wrong there. In addition: There are games like Braid that have really no linux-icon, so steam won?t let me install it - but steamDB says it should work, and through the humble-bundle installer it definitely works on linux.....

So how did you make deadfall adventures install via steam on linux???? Is there a hack?
    No hack Just buy it and you can install it normally. Yeah i noticed the database isn't so much up to date, unfortunately. But some games you'll need to first buy, then right-click on the game in your library section, select properties and under the "betas" tab there you can select to opt in for "linux beta" or similar. I had to do this for Euro Truck Simulator 2 before it came out of the beta.

gamingonlinux.com is also a great resource to find out what games are available for betas etc..
    Last edited by birdstream; 02 January 2014, 12:39 PM.

Comment

There is also some times when you need to own the game already to be able to install it. Just go to steampowered.com and buy the game that way, instead of via the steam client..

Comment

Originally posted by birdstream View Post
        No hack Just buy it and you can install it normally. Yeah i noticed the database isn't so much up to date, unfortunately. But some games you'll need to first buy, then right-click on the game in your library section, select properties and under the "betas" tab there you can select to opt in for "linux beta" or similar. I had to do this for Euro Truck Simulator 2 before it came out of the beta.

gamingonlinux.com is also a great resource to find out what games are available for betas etc..
        Thanks again for all the info!
        Sadly Braid is not installing via linux-Steam even when I opt into beta. It says platform not supported. Sadly none of my about 50 windows-only games will install...
        Last edited by tomtomme; 03 January 2014, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X