Deadfall Adventures Is Out For Linux, AMD Users Beware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by birdstream View Post
    On the flip side i've also encountered games that doesn't show up as Linux compatible at all, but have been fully enjoyable from the first release :P
    Which games are those?

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Deadfall Adventures is a fast-pace classic adventure game...
      Wut? How do you even...

Comment

Hm, no demo version of this? It's too expensive to buy yet, but I guess many people would try the demo if there was one.

Comment

Originally posted by IneQuation View Post
          Well, I'm the porter and it works for me.
          DUUUUUDE, THANKS!
          Game looks really nice. Puts my Computer at the knees. And its not the worst one out there. Vishera + GTX 660 +32 gig of 1600 DDRAM.
          But to be honest i suspect game still could be optimized somehow. May be I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
            Which games are those?
            Well, Deadfall Adventures to name one It doesnt show a penguin on the steam pages.. My point was that i've seen too many games listed in the linux section on steam that doesn't work at all or has really, really crappy performance. While other unlisted games, like this one, actually works

Deadfall runs nice on my i7-2700K with 8 GB ram and a Geforce GTX660Ti. This game obviously uses the Unreal 3 engine and shares the same bugs with Painkiller Hell & Damnation for example. Like long loading times and effy mouse control (fixed by disabling mouse smoothing in game options)

Comment

This game obviously uses the Unreal 3 engine
              It's Unreal Engine 3. Unreal is a series of FPS games, and Unreal 3 does not exist (yet).

Comment

Well, Deadfall Adventures to name one It doesnt show a penguin on the steam pages.. My point was that i've seen too many games listed in the linux section on steam that doesn't work at all or has really, really crappy performance. While other unlisted games, like this one, actually works

Deadfall runs nice on my i7-2700K with 8 GB ram and a Geforce GTX660Ti. This game obviously uses the Unreal 3 engine and shares the same bugs with Painkiller Hell & Damnation for example. Like long loading times and effy mouse control (fixed by disabling mouse smoothing in game options)
                And on install steam does not say that it is not compatible with linux??
                I?d like to know which other titles install on linux-steam. Could you provide a full list please or a link to the source where I can pick them myself?

Thx!!

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
                  And on install steam does not say that it is not compatible with linux??
                  I?d like to know which other titles install on linux-steam. Could you provide a full list please or a link to the source where I can pick them myself?

Thx!!
                  Here's a link to the steamdb where you can track steam database changes for linux games: http://steamdb.info/linux/

Comment

Here's a link to the steamdb where you can track steam database changes for linux games: http://steamdb.info/linux/
                    Thanks!
                    Sadly the link is even more confusing. Games that show me a linux icon like Garry?s Mod are listed by steamDB as showing NO linux icon. So something is definitely wrong there. In addition: There are games like Braid that have really no linux-icon, so steam won?t let me install it - but steamDB says it should work, and through the humble-bundle installer it definitely works on linux.....

So how did you make deadfall adventures install via steam on linux???? Is there a hack?

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                      It's Unreal Engine 3. Unreal is a series of FPS games, and Unreal 3 does not exist (yet).
                      That's what i meant. Sorry for my bad formulation

Comment

Working...
                      X