Thread: 0 A.D. Alpha 15 Gets Big Gameplay Updates

Default 0 A.D. Alpha 15 Gets Big Gameplay Updates

Phoronix: 0 A.D. Alpha 15 Gets Big Gameplay Updates

0 A.D. is one of the best known open-source real-time strategy games and with this week's Alpha 15 "Osiris" release it's been made even better...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU1NTA

I started installing it (the 0.14 version) some minutes before I saw this article

I like the game, but it seems I just can't get the hold of it . Still, good game

IMHO, the best open source game at the moment. I am impressed. It has a certain polish rarely found in opensource games, from the interface, to the graphics, to the music... Excellent work people, thank you!

tearing and stuttering, especially when AI spawn waves of mobs to attack my base, ruine all other hard work. I7 3770K + Radeon 7850.

Quote Originally Posted by storm_st View Post
    tearing and stuttering, especially when AI spawn waves of mobs to attack my base, ruine all other hard work. I7 3770K + Radeon 7850.
    It is still in Alpha stage. New features are the priority, not stability. Give them time.

While this actually looks really nice I was not able to find any kind of roadmap on their website. Seeing that it is in development for ten years now, is there a plan for a release or will it stay in Alpha forever?

Quote Originally Posted by Vim_User View Post
    [...] I was not able to find any kind of roadmap on their website. [...]
    on the 0AD site there is a link to their development section. From there there is a link to the 0 A.D. roadmap. Alpha 16 is due in 2 months, Alpha 17 is due in about 6 months. Beta is not mentioned there yet.

It seems like it has been in "alpha" since forever. Maybe they should change the name to 0 A.D Alpha . Good game. Play it often.