Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XBMC 12.3 Has Lots Of Bug-Fixes

Phoronix: XBMC 12.3 Has Lots Of Bug-Fixes

Version 12.3 of the very popular XBMC multimedia player software is now available. XBMC 12.3 is the last planned 12 "Frodo" update prior to XBMC 13.0 in 2014...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Call me when they have transcoding and play to DLNA devices worked out.

Comment

12.3 already, huh. And I just recently upgraded my box to 12.2 final (from 12.2-git). Looks like it's going to be time to upgrade again, as soon as Gentoo packages it.

I wish the YouTube and Twitch.tv plugins were more stable, but there's not much one can do when neither has a stable API...

Comment

XBMC 13 "Gotham" looks very promesing judging by the changelog http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title...ham)_changelog

Still no binary addons support for Netflix or Spotify yet, or transcoding media server support as decatf wished for

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
          I wish the YouTube and Twitch.tv plugins were more stable, but there's not much one can do when neither has a stable API...
          About the twitch.tv plugin (which I also use a lot)... last change broke it and according to forums, a manual intervention is required. What is actually easier is to go to MrSprigster's GitHub fork of the project (he is faster with fixing bugs / adding features than StateOfTheArt who is the original author IIRC) at https://github.com/MrSprigster/Twitch.tv-on-XBMC and select "Download ZIP" to download the whole repo. Since the directory structure is already correct for an XBMC plugin, this zip file can be installed via XBMC directly. Saved me some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Decatf View Post
            The whole DLNA standard is crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Laser View Post
              About the twitch.tv plugin (which I also use a lot)... last change broke it and according to forums, a manual intervention is required. What is actually easier is to go to MrSprigster's GitHub fork of the project (he is faster with fixing bugs / adding features than StateOfTheArt who is the original author IIRC) at https://github.com/MrSprigster/Twitch.tv-on-XBMC and select "Download ZIP" to download the whole repo. Since the directory structure is already correct for an XBMC plugin, this zip file can be installed via XBMC directly. Saved me some time.
              Yea, I know about that, it's just fairly annoying when things like that keep happening and you need to go read threads to figure out why things suddenly broke and what to do to fix them.

Comment

Originally posted by brad0 View Post
                The whole DLNA standard is crap.
                It's fine (if basic), but nobody follows it.

Comment

Originally posted by Decatf View Post
                  Is this what you are looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by madbiologist View Post
                    No that is not what he is looking for. He is looking for device specific transcoding for streaming ability (like Plex has). It's a key component to proper DNLA server as all DNLA playback devices vary in what codecs and file formats they can play. Without it, if you try to say play something that is WebM or MKV but the device only supports MP4 you will not get any playback on that device.

Comment

Working...
                    X