I think I have hit a dead end with trying to get help from my motherboard manufacturer to address a TSC issue that is likely the result of a BIOS bug. I am looking at the possibility of replacing the main board to make this problem go away, so I need some feedback from people who have the following criteria:
* A mainboard that supports the i7-4930/i7-4960k CPU (LGA 2011).
* You run linux natively on the machine.
If this is you, could you please provide me with the following information:
1) output of: dmesg | grep -i tsc
2) output of: cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource
3) Your motherboard brand and model number.
4) CPU model.
Some feedback like this will help me make a better decision on my next board. My current CPU is an i7-4930k using the Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 motherboard.
There is a reason I want TSC based timing, I wont go into it in this thread as I already have a thread on the problem here in this same forum section.